𝟏𝟗 || 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

WAITING ROOM - PHOEBE BRIDGERS
"know it's for better."

______

_______

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

_______

I stood on Mae's front porch for so long that I had begun to feel cold.

It was oddly chilly for an afternoon in the summer. The sun hung low in the sky, it's usually warm light blocked by clouds. The leaves on the trees rustled with a quiet shiver, and the usually vibrant colors of summer were subtle. Despite the time of year, the air felt crisp and cool against my skin. It was almost as if the weather had matched my emotions.

It was Tuesday afternoon, which meant that the last time I saw Dominic was just a little bit over a day ago.

Yeah.

When I woke up in the morning, Dominic was nowhere to be found, and not a word from him had come my way. It had been 35 fucking hours since I had seen him last, but whatever, maybe he had to deal with something important.

I had been doing better over the last day or so. Nathan and his situation hadn't crossed my mind since my breakdown.  I came to the realization that I was just over reacting. Nathan was a pussy, he wasn't worth it, and the little voice inside of my head kept telling me that he deserved what he did to himself.

The reason that I stood outside for so long was because Mae texted me earlier, asking if we could talk. She never really specified what she wanted to talk about, but I came anyways. I honestly hoped that she wouldn't want to try to salvage our friendship, because I didn't think I would be able to look at her after knowing that she had kept something like this from me for so long.

It took me about five minutes for me to actually muster the courage to ring the doorbell. I had been turning the situation over and over in my mind, dreading this moment yet knowing it was necessary. With a shaky breath, I pressed the doorbell and waited.

Finally, the door swung open, revealing Mae on the other side. Her usual blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and she wore a white sweat shirt paired with sweatpants. Her blue eyes, usually so full of life, looked relieved as she looked at me.

"Do you want to come in?" Mae's voice was soft, inviting, almost as if she sensed the gravity of the situation.

I shook my head, my throat suddenly dry. "I'm alright." I didn't want to overstep, to make this situation even more personal by entering her house. I knew that if I went in, the memories that we shared inside of it would flood my mind, and the situation wouldn't be so painless anymore.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें