𝟏𝟐 || 𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄

RUN FOR THE HILLS - TATE MCRAE
"should be runnin' for the hills, the way you touch me."

_______

_______

I led us both to one of the closed off private bathrooms, dragging him by the hand, then slamming the door shut with my heel. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked angrily, suppressing the urge to shove him.

The man leaned in closer to me. "What do you think I'm doing?"

I clenched my jaw. "I never said that you could touch me like that." I took a step backwards, trying to space ourselves out. "You never said that I couldn't," he countered, a rueful smile tugging at his lips.

I groaned, it took everything in me not to hit him again. "You don't have to be such an asshole, you know?" The words escaped from my lips. "It doesn't necessarily make you likeable, which is probably the reason no one will approach you."

Dominic chuckled softly in an almost provoking way. "The reason I'm unapproachable is because people fear me, not because I'm not likeable." His tone was deep and solid.

I scoffed. "I don't see a difference between the two."

Dominic inched closer, and I backed away with every step he made until my back was flushed against the back of the door. He placed his hand above my hip bone, pressing me gently against the door even more. The only thing separating us were the few inches of thick air.

"I got you to like me, didn't I?" His voice was a low murmur, a dangerous whisper that sent shivers down my spine.

My breath hitched, and I met his gaze, our eyes locking in a silent battle of wills. "I didn't like you, I was attracted to you. There's a difference."

His gaze remained locked onto mine, unwavering. "You liked me enough to let me fuck you," he countered devilishly.

"Can you stop with that?" My voice was tinged with frustration, the plea to cease the invasive conversation. "That night wasn't good for anyone."

Even just the mention of the night made me hesitate. Memories began to surge back into my brain, and I couldn't control them. I couldn't control anything that I was feeling.

The dim light in the room played on the contours of his face as a smug grin danced at the corner of his lips, provocation and self-assuredness wary in his voice. "Well, it was good to know you're not terrible at sex," he remarked, his words laced with a teasing tone that only heightened my struck nerve.