𝟎𝟐 || 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂

________

_______

The encounter that I had just had still lingered in my mind, even in the minutes after when Violet had left the club, disappearing into the storm of rain outside.

I couldn't get that woman out of my head. I hated to admit it, but something about her silenced all other thoughts in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her voice, her touch; all of which were still vivid in my memory.

The empty glass in my hand felt delicate as I placed it back down onto the counter, the feeling of the alcohol tingling in my throat. One of my men approached me silently. "È stato curato. (It's been taken care of.)" He spoke, referring to the man with the suspicious tattoo, who also attempted to spike Violet. I didn't care what he had to do, just that his life was ended.

"Per chi ha lavorato? (Who did he work for?)" I glanced to his direction and asked. His posture was stern and serious, a single drop of blood visible on his neck. "I russi. (The Russians.)" He responded. I nodded, darting my eyes towards the door, signaling that he was allowed to leave.

I remained seated on the leather couch, drowned in thoughts. The Russians seemed to be everywhere. Taking out my men, lingering in the streets, and driving crime rates higher; and all for what?

Their Don, Kyler Koslov, had been out for blood ever since the death of his oldest brother. Taking out his grief and anger on my men, I was sure I was next.

I flipped my wrist, checking my watch for the time. It was already late, so I decided to make my way out. I left my glass on the wooden table and maneuvered myself around the crowd of mostly women dancing and men drinking. "Hey!" A familiar voice yelled out. My eyes set on the woman in front of me. 

It was Violet, looking even more captivating than ever with her hair drenched and droplets of water on her skin. She was easily one of the most beautiful women I had ever interacted with before. Her features were so soft yet so defined; her eyes sparked with life, dark red lips filled with unspoken words, and long hair that stopped just by her upper arm.

"Hey, asshole." She trailed behind me, her steps barely keeping up with mine. "Hey!" She called out one last time, her voice laced with anger and annoyance. I came to a sudden halt, and Violet nearly came crashing into me. "What do you want?" I asked her.

"I need a ride, and you owe me." She positioned herself in front of me.

The corners of my lips curled into a smug smile as I let out a soft chuckle. "I don't owe anyone, Red," I taunted, using the name that I knew she so desperately hated. "I did you a favor."