𝟏𝟕 || 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄

_______

_______

I think I spent the next three hours locked in my bedroom, crying uncontrollably. I didn't say a word to Dominic after leaving Nathan's house, but I remembered feeling his eyes on me as I tried my best to control my crying until we got back to the house.

Once my eyes were a more subtle shade of pink, I went back down into the kitchen, only to see Dominic doing the dishes. I was planning on doing them earlier, but I forgot to. Now I was mad at myself.

I turned on my heel, starting to walk away.

"Violet." He called out my name, but I continued walking. I didn't want to see him, let alone talk to him. I was so embarrassed for the stupidest reasons. The way I was fighting tears like my life depended on it in the car, and the way Dominic was written all over my neck.

Then he must've teleported or something, because he caught me by my wrist and pulled me back into the kitchen.

"What's going on with you?" He demanded. Somehow he knew, and I had no idea how. I thought that I did a pretty good job on hiding my feelings from people most of the time, but apparently not. Maybe he was just good at reading people.

"Nothing." Trying to pull myself from his grip.

"Just talk to me."

I emphasized, "There's nothing to talk about."

"What happened in that house, Red."

"Nothing." I told him again, but he placed his hand on the tender spot of my arm, and the sharp touch made me jolt. Dominic furrowed his eyebrows, inching closer.

"Nothing, huh?" Quickly, he lifted the sleeve of my sweater, faster than I could think. It took me a moment to comprehend what he was doing.

"What are you doing?" I asked, shoving his hand from off of my arm, but it was too late, he already saw what Nathan had done to me. He moved away, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Why are there bruises on your arm?" He asked softly.

I didn't even know that there were bruises, I didn't know that they could develop that fast. I guess Nathan might have gripped me harder than I thought.

"I don't know," I lied. I lied to protect the son of a bitch who hurt me, because I knew that Dominic would kill him.

"Did he put his hands on you?" Dominic said sternly.