𝟏𝟎 || 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄

SUMMERTIME SADNESS  - LANA DEL REY
"i've got my red dress on tonight."

_______

_______

I turned the sleek handle of the shower, and the warm water stopped flowing. Stepping out, I wrapped myself in the plush white robe that hung carefully beside me. The soap that the shower was stocked with made my skin smell like roses and my hair hair as soft as cashmere. Dominic really spared no expenses.

I waited for the water droplets to stop rolling down my body before taking a seat by the vanity connected to the dark marble counter of the sink. I took a deep breath as I examined my face in the mirror.

I wasn't ready for tonight. Two day's notice for a social event like this gave me barely any time to mentally prepare, especially with everything that had been going on.

Not only had I been through the most chaotic week of my life, now my friends were beginning to act weird around me. Out of nowhere, Ryla got a text and said she had to leave, then pulled Mae aside, and she came back telling me she had to go with Ryla. I was stunned to say the least. They both just left me there, not even making sure if I had a ride.

I put on a playlist on my phone before beginning on my makeup, the songs consuming me with every stroke of a brush.

_______

After countless minutes, I finished my makeup. Once I was satisfied with the final touches of my lipstick, I moved onto my wild and damp hair; quickly blow drying it then straightening it with a heated flat iron. The warmth that was provided from the tool made me want to fall asleep.

After unplugging, making sure not to burn the whole house down, I walked over to the insanely big walk in closet. My clothes didn't even fill up half of the space that was provided to me. I was spoiled as hell.

My eyes laid on the black garment bag that Dominic told me would be hanging in my closet, and I quickly unzipped it.

The beautiful wine-red dress that he picked up hung wrinkleless on it's hanger. I took it out from the bag, then slowly stepped into the long dress, careful not to rip the satin fabric in the process. It fit me just as I remembered, and it was almost like it was meant for my body. The sides hugged the curves of my waist, the slit of the dress wasn't too revealing, and the length trailed on the floor, but would hang just below my ankles if I wore the right heels.

I stood in front of the mirror, my nerves beginning to act up as the weight of what I would have to face weighed me down. This was the first event where I probably wouldn't know a single soul, and the unfamiliarity of the situation scared me.

I turned around, facing my back to the mirror as I looked over my shoulder, tying the corset like back together. It was quite open, and flattering for my figure. I quickly turned back around, and admired the dress while running a nervous hand through my hair.