𝟏𝟖 || 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓

❧ 𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 ☙
"i've got this anxious feeling, but it goes away for a minute
when i'm with you, breathing."

_______

_______

"Lena found her?" I asked, staring down at the lifeless woman laying on the floor. I bent down, placing two fingers on her neck, searching for a pulse, but there was none. She was shot twice in stomach, and was bleeding from somewhere in her hand.

Her dark hair had stuck to her own blood, which was spread across the alley. Indicating signs of struggle, there was some more blood swiped across the stone walls. "Yeah, during her.. route." Alec answered. The woman's white shirt was drenched in blood, but even through the shades of red I could see the faint writing through the fabric.

Koslov.

The handwriting was blurred and messy, but still readable.

"Fuck." I muttered.

The Russians beginning to kill again meant that they had recovered. Whatever injuries that both of the brothers had endured clearly didn't take them out for as long as I had hoped. Lena told me that Kyler had gotten away at the Auction before she could make a mark on him, and I assumed that Kayden wasn't so bruised anymore either.

"Why her?" I turned to Alec, standing upright. He shrugged. "Don't know. It's probably about Karson or some shit like that."

I had almost forgotten about him. The oldest brother who died almost exactly three years ago. I never understood why it took Kyler so long to go after whoever killed his brother, it confused me, but apparently he thought that now was the right time.

Their names mixed me the fuck up too. Karson was the oldest, killed by.. nobody knew, hence the dead body on the street. Kyler, the middle child, and Kayden the youngest out of the three.

I turned to one of my men who was standing at the front of the alleyway, keeping watch.  "Voglio che altri tre uomini vengano a pulire, e poi altri tre a pattugliare per i Russi. (I want three men to clean this up, and then three more to patrol for Russians.)" I ordered.

"Isn't six men a lot? I mean, whoever did this must've left hours ago."

"Don't question my judgement." I snapped. My feelings towards Alec at the moment were complicated. The whole situation wasn't all that big, and he could have probably managed without me. But it was whatever, and what was done was done, and he knew better than to bring up what he saw in the kitchen anyways.