𝟑𝟓 || 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

_______

_______

"Is this a date, Dominic?" A playful glint in my eyes as I asked the question that had been ticking in my head since we stepped into the car.

Dominic insisted on driving, just as he always did. I had asked him about it earlier on the way; he claimed that if he had two hands and a bearing heart, that he was perfectly capable of driving, and didn't need to rely on money for such a simple task. A part of admired him for saying that.

I wasn't quite sure where he was taking me though. We weren't heading into the city like we normally did, in fact we had driven the complete opposite way. "Even I know that a date should never take place on a birthday," Dominic replied, his tone firm yet accompanied by a faint smile.

"What if I want this to be a date?" I teased.

"It's your birthday," he empathized, as if that meant something to me. If anything, birthdays had become their own kind of torment for me.

"I've never been the biggest fan of birthdays," I stated, dryly. "And I think that this being considered our first date would make today very special. Plus, we wouldn't have to worry about being seen together at a dinner. We would have the excuse to say that we're celebrating my birthday, and nothing more."

I don't know where the sudden urge to make this night a date night came from, but what was the harm? I mean, I wasn't quite sure of how dating inside of our marriage would look like, but we could figure it out.

"Please," I turned to face him, pouting my lips. Dominic, momentarily diverting his eyes from the road, allowed his gaze to sweep across my face and then down my body.

I was wearing a small black dress with delicate floral embellishment on the straps. The material clung tightly to every contour of my body, accentuating curves and highlighting the subtle elegance of the design. The Van Cleef necklace that he had bought me rested against my collarbone, as did the bracelets on my wrist.

A subtle heat ran through me as the intensity of his gaze lingered. "I'm beginning to think I can't say no to you," he told me lowly, continuing to stare his way through my skin.

A playful smile graced on my lips. "That doesn't sound like a bad thing."

"You really want this to be a date?"

A moment of contemplation passed as I considered the question.

I did. I really did want it to be a date. In fact, I wanted it so badly that I had hardly even thought about the consequences of what would happen in the future because of it. "Is that okay with you?" I asked, just in case I was pushing a boundary of some sort, but I doubt I was.