𝟐𝟎 || 𝐆𝐔𝐍 ☙

_______

_______

"Look who finally decided to show up," I snarked as I turned to look at him.

To my surprise, Dominic wasn't injured. Usually after he'd been gone for awhile he would have some sort of cut on his cheek, maybe a bruise or a few scratches, but he never came back untouched.

His dark black hair fell just above his eyebrows, and his expression was filled with frustration. "Answer me," he said, his voice low and intense.

"I'll pass." I glared at him, brushing past him and making my way towards the staircase. I didn't get far. Dominic's strong grip closed around my upper arm, forcibly halting my progress as he positioned himself squarely in front of the stairs, blocking me from avoiding this conversation.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it's dangerous to play by stairs?" I tilted my head, taunting.His anger intensified, jaw beginning to clench. "Where have you been?" he asked again, more persistent this time.

"No." I shook my head with disbelief, my frustration with him clearly evident. "No, you don't get to be upset with me. I was gone for an hour, you were gone for a whole day."

"I had my reasons," he retorted, his voice tight.

I had to refuse the urge to push him down the stairs. He was acting as though he was the only one with things to do. "Yeah? Well so did I."

"Just tell me where you were." His voice a mix of frustration and concern.

I didn't understand why he was so obsessed with knowing my whereabouts. I knew that it had something to do with the psychotic Russians who were 'trying to kill me,' as he said, but I doubted that they were really tracking my every move, and that being gone for an hour would affect anything.

Plus, I carried a weapon on me while I was gone. I kept the gun that I took from Dominic at the night of the auction, I don't think he realized that it was missing. In fact, I had the thing tucked into the waistband of the shorts that I was wearing.

"You first," I shot back.

"I don't owe you an explanation."

I clenched my fists at my sides. Was this asshole serious?

"I could give less of a fuck about what you think you owe me. You were gone for thirty six hours, Dominic."

"You counted?" He seemed genuinely surprised.

"Of course I fucking counted," I snapped, my voice laced with sudden anger towards him. "I didn't know if you were even coming back!"