Chapter 8: I'm engaged

**** Miras pov****

      I got home late and while I was walking towards the house, I  noticed that my father's car was parked in its usual spot.
   °why is his car here ° I thought

On getting into the house, my eyes widened with surprise.  Malcom, there he was.  I saw him sitting with my father and stepmother.

°is what Leo said true, are they actually trying to marry me off to this ass****° I  tried to hide and listen to their conversation without being noticed, but failed when I father spotted me.

"You're home"Jack said

I should be the one saying that

"Take a seat Mira, your father and I have something to tell you" Rya said

I was soooo happy she was gone for a while, and now she and her husband my oh so loving father are back and with a pretentious jerk too.

" You were supposed to be back tomorrow "I said in a tone implying that I was asking a question and hoping for an answer

"As you can see your friend Malcom is here " my father said completely ignoring what I said

"He is not my friend" I said in a loud voice

I never shouted at my father even after my mum died, I couldn't blame him for it in his presence. He was a scary man and I knew he wouldn't hesitate to hurt me if I got him angry enough.  After her funeral, what made me most annoyed was the fact that he behaved normal like nothing happened.  He wasn't sad or regretful -at least not in my presence- .  He was angry at her for some reason.  No matter what it was, shouldn't he have let go after her death?

What made him more scary was that he didn't lift his hand to hurt me which was probably because of Malcom's presence. Probably.

"Calm down my love" a very familiar and irritating voice said.

"Shut up Malcom.  You only want money and I am not your love" I said but didn't Shout

"Mira sit!! " My father shouted in an angry tone

" No dad.  I'm fine"
Sometimes I wandered why I even called him my father.  All he had ever done since my mum died was to prove how bad of a father he was.

" Whatever suits you. Malcom is here to discuss his marriage to you" he said

I looked behind me to see if he was talking to someone else
" Oh, you're talking to me? "

" This is not the time for jokes" Rya said

" Of course not, do I look like a joke to you" Malcom said

" I was talking to my father" I said

"Quiet! You're getting married to him and that is final" he said in a stern tone

"I can't" was all I could utter

"Why not!? "

"I'm engaged"
I have my self a mental slap on my forehead for saying that.
° This is a very bad idea ° was all I could think about the moment those words left my lips.

"Oh please mira, could you at least say something we can try to believe? Do you really want to miss out on this" Malcom said while pointing to himself and I looked at him in disgust.

" I'm saying the truth.  I'm getting married soon"

" Really? "

" Yes, father"

" Who are you getting married to? " Rya asked

" Leo Argent" I answered " the hottest, richest business man right now"
The last part was totally unnecessary but I felt the need to include it.

"Oh please Mira, why would he want to get married to you? " Rya said while looking at me from head to toe.  "I don't believe she's telling the truth Jack"

"How can I believe you? " My father asked

"You'll believe me when you get the wedding invitation" I said while I stormed off into my room.

      While I walked up the stairs I Rya complaining about me as always.  I wasn't surprised by that at all.  All she'd ever done is poison my dad's mind against me.  Rya may have been feeding my father poison, but I found my father equally foolish for taking in the poison and calling it food.  He always blamed me even when it was obviously not my fault.

      After flooding her mind with thoughts Mira finally slept off with trails of dried tears on her cheeks.

Another chapter completed.  Pretty short but I love short stories soooo....
Why did Mira say all of that??  Anger,I guess.

The next update will be made before next week ends.
As always I hope you comment, vote⭐, and share.  I really hope you enjoyed reading.  ❤️❤️💞❤️
Thank you for reading.

Also I'll be giving a dedication to the first person that votes for this chapter in the next.
Au revoir