Chapter 23: Cu+3

Leo pulled over in front of the house. I didn't bother to speak to him the whole ride back. It would be useless.

****
Leo's pov

We just arrived at Mira's house and she didn't utter a word the whole ride back. If she had said anything, I probably would have responded. I'm not that bad. Ok, I am that bad, but still....

She was about to get off the car, when she turned to me with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you" why is she telling me that

"For what?" She looked a little weird for a while. As if debating whether to speak or not.

"Nothing. Just say 'you're welcome' "

"Get out" her smile faded and I tried my best to hold back the smile threatening to appear on my face

Now you're smiling?! Dude, Mira does things to you...

I tried my best to ignore my inner mind and, most importantly, keep a straight face.

"No" she replied

"Get off now, or you'll regret it" she folded her arms and rested on the seat. She made a cu+3 pout with her lips and I chuckled lightly. Not enough for her to hear or notice though.

Are you seriously going to ignore that?! You're done, DONE!

I wish I could completely block out that voice.

She didn't seem like she was going to move, so I got off.
I walked over to her side, picked her up in bridal style and made my way towards the front door.

"What are you freaking doing?" She said while hitting my chest and glaring holes into my face.
We got to the front door and I rang the doorbell.

"Put me down" the fury in her eyes was now replaced with worry, so I put her down.

"Alright, now go" she was trying to push me away.
Why does she want me to leave so badly?

I was about to turn, when the door opened. The woman from before answered it. She saw me and a smile came across her face. Something is really off about her. One second, she's threatening me and the other, she's smiling at me. But then again, her smile itself looks threatening. I'm the least bothered by it though.

She moved to the side, asking us to come in. Mira walked in.

"Aren't you coming in?" She said, and I took the offer. I was about to move when Mira interrupted.

" No, he's not "she said in a worried tone
"he's not" she said again

"Ignore her" she said as she came in front of Mira "Jack would want to meet you" I nodded and proceeded to enter.

I was welcomed by warm lights. Lights were everywhere.

"I realized I haven't formally introduced myself" she turned to look at me "I'm Rya Tasset" Mira scoffed at that "Mira's stepmother" she finished
"Also I apologize for our last encounter.... My anger got the best of me" she brought her hand forward to shake me and I didn't shake her. I just looked at her hand and ignored it.

She laughed nervously before putting her hand in her pockets and showing me to the living room.
"sit here, I'll go get him from his office" she said and left. I looked at Mira to see her still standing.

"Aren't going to sit?"

"Aren't you going to leave?" She answered my question with a question.

"Why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you?" Again?

"No" I said folding my arms. Ha! karma

"No?"

"No"

"Do you really have to do this? I mean you could just...." She stopped talking when her father entered the room.

****
I'm done speaking to Jack. He kept talking about work and how great it would be if our companies merged.

I couldn't help but notice his relationship with his daughter, they don't seem close. I mean she kept quiet throughout the conversation. She didn't speak at all.

I need to find out what the hell is going on?!

****
Miras pov

The wedding is in like Three days and I've been down since yesterday. To be precise, since the conversation between my 'fiancé' and my father. Ps I have no one to talk to since Tara is busy with work.

I properly introduce my 'future husband ' to my father for the first time and all he can talk about is company s#!t?!

Im not even important to him, all he cares about is work, work, work. Can't he care about me?

I have to marry Leo 'cause if not, I'll be forced to marry Malcom. Why? 'cause of work business and money. I know the only reason he's in support of my marriage to Leo, is because Leo is better than Malcom, everything wise.

Is that all he cares about? Money? I know I should expect it, but I guess I've always hoped I could find a father in him..... Heck, I  still hope that.....

Why is it called handsome anyways?? I mean why hand and some...what do they have to do with how handsome a man is??🤔🤔🤔

Oh, hey.... Didn't see ya there. How've you been?

I see you made it this far. Here's a virtual hug🤗

As always vote ⭐ share and comment. Thank you for reading 💖💖💖

Love, skai_os