Chapter 24: The wedding 💍🔔💒

The wedding, My wedding is tomorrow.

Is it weird that I'm nervous?

Normally Tara would be here to help me calm down, but she's at my bachelorette party. Without me.

Yeah, she suggested we have one, just the two of us. I'm not really a fan of clubbing, so I declined. Now she's at some club, partying for the both of us. What a best friend....

I was feeling a bit thirsty so I went downstairs to get a cup of water. I was leaving the kitchen, when my father and his wife entered. I decided to ignore them but my father's voice stopped me.

"Your wedding, it's tomorrow?" What a question father

"Yes, it is"

"I'll be there" well, duh!

"I don't think you have a choice father. You have to walk me down the aisle, remember?"

"Mira!" Rya shouted and I looked at her with a bored expression.

"If there's nothing else, I'd love to take my leave. My bed's waiting" I said before leaving.

****
The next day

" I feel like there are a thousand butterflies in my tummy" It feels like Tara's the one getting married "you're finally getting married. The ship has sailed"

"Yh, but are you sure you're not just still drunk" she just glared at me.

"Whatever. I'll let that slide. For now"

"Is my father here yet?" The smile on Tara's face disappeared.

"Um... I'm sure it's traffic" she said, with her hands rubbing her neck

"It's been traffic for 2 hours now, I'll try calling again" I said as I picked up my phone to call him.....I got his number from Martha.
.
.
.
A couple of rings later, and he picked.

"Hello, who's this" somehow, I'm not surprised

"Hello, this is your daughter, Mira. Calling to remind you about her wedding you said you'd be at" I said, my voice getting louder with each word.

"Uh... Mira. I'm sorry, I can't make it"

"Why" I sounded a little hurt. I shouldn't be hurt, it's not like I didn't expect this, but it still hurts and I can't hide it... Even if I tried.

"I had an important business meeting to attend in Nigeria. It was impromptu...I'm sorry" My heart broke on hearing that.

"You really chose business over me huh?" I said it like I was talking to myself.

"What?... I -"

"You always do this....you always find a way to escape" I'm not doing this anymore, he's going to get a piece of my mind.

"You never cared, not for me, not for mum"

I was answered with nothing but a deafening silence.

"The most important day in every girls life and my father is on a business trip" I let out a hysterical laugh and ended the call before he could reply.

"Mira?" Tara called, but I couldn't face her. There were tears in my eyes getting ready to drop any second.

Why am I even crying? I should be used to it by now.

"We don't need him, Heck, I'll walk you down the aisle. Your father doesn't deserve that privilege anyways" she said and hugged me.

" Thank you"was all I could mutter before breaking into tears. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

" Oh no....don't cry. A bride can't cry on her wedding day, you'll ruin the make-up" I let out a laugh. Tara is really the best, she always knows how to cheer me up.

****
After a while, Bri came to tell us to get ready. Its time for me to walk down the aisle.
  Now, I'm nervous. It's just a small wedding, but still I'm nervous. At least there's no press or whatever there. We decided to let the news out later. Leo decided, but that doesn't affect me.

We're having the wedding at Lana's house. I must say, the backyard is big enough to hold any party and there's a lake which is beautiful.

There are only like 20-30 persons attending, which is relatively small compared to other weddings, but I'm still nervous.
I was lost in thought until Tara tapped me.

"It's time, let's go" she said, and I nodded

Fun fact: This books genre was originally planned as horror.

Would you guys want to call your mother-in-law by her name??

I would have a problem with it but meh😑😕

As always vote ⭐ share and comment. I'm planning on writing more fun facts....I saw this somewhere else and thought it was a fun thing to do....

Should I write more in the other chapters or...

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️

Love, skai_os