Chapter 12: Eating

"No there's no need. It's probably cause I haven't eaten. I just need food and I'll be fine" I said truthfully

" The doctor will decide that" He said sternly

****
" Thank you"I said as we were leaving the the reception. One drug was prescribed. ONE!! A pain reliever. I ate a doughnut before taking it but of course that ain't enough.

"Get in the car"

"No I'm fine I'll go home now. Bye" as I left, he grabbed my arm

"The doctor said you have to feed yourself" yeah I heard

"I'll eat when I get home, besides I ate a doughnut" I lied my father and his Wife were going to be home by now and I don't want to see them.

"Alright so what happens when you probably faint or maybe die on the way there"
WTF 😒 seriously 'when' ? Not even 'if'

"OK, I guess you win" I said as I got into the car. Oh how comfy these seats are, I feel so nice in sitting here.

The car was filled with silence. Pin drop silence and not the comfortable type at that. At least not for me, he doesn't seem like a man of many words.

He pulled over in front of a restaurant. Not the extremely fancy kind I expected.

"Wait here. I'll be back" he said as he walked out of the car. I didn't get a chance to speak before he slammed the door.

After a few minutes, which felt like hours, I saw him walk out of the restaurant.
Holding a bag. He got in the car and handed me the bag. I looked at him in confusion.

"What about you? " I asked

"I'm not hungry" he said and I nodded in response as another question came to me

"Why this restaurant? "

"Why not? "

"I don't know. I mean most of the time it's the Fancy ones, right? "

"Yeah, in romance novels"

🙄eye roll.

There has to be a reason and I want to know

"And I'm not telling you"

Did I say that out loud

" Yes"

Sh*t

" You should eat now" he said

"Oh, thanks for the food" it was a (you, the viewer(s) can pick any meal of your choice).

I finished eating and he was still driving.

"Where are we going? "I asked out of curiosity

"I'm taking you home" I didn't realize he was taking me home cause I was with food.

"What?...Why?" I said looking out the window.

" Because I can" I didn't ask for this and I don't want any trouble.

" There's no need. You can drop me off here" I said

" I'm taking you home cause I can not cause you want me to or not"

Da*n it
" It's really fine we're almost there anyways so..... "

" Exactly we're almost there so enjoy the ride " he said and I hit my back on the chair and sighed. There's no winning with this guy. Seriously. Why is he so persistent?

Once again. Silence filled the car.
It took a little while, but he finally pulled over in front of my house and as I came out, I was greeted by the 'oh so lovely' presence of my step mom. What's she doing out here? She doesn't come out of the house by this time of the day. Wait .......why do I care?!

"Mira. Where were you? Do you know how late it is? " I didn't reply because of her sudden show of worry or was it anger. They don't usually care what time I come home, not like I come home late anyway. Apart from when I'm with Tara.  Besides, why is she here

Another one of my short chapters. Completed!
As always please comment, vote ⭐ and share but most of all enjoy reading this book.
Thanks for the views❤️❤️and have a wonderful day ahead.