Chapter 19: Faking smiles

It took a while for Leo to finish his call with Bri and Lana isn't back from getting a room ready.  Isn't Leo's room supposed to be here?

Just then, I heard the doorbell.  Must be Bri. I stood up to get the door, but Leo got there first. He opened the door and I could see Bri. She had bags under her eyes. She has a lot of bags in her hands probably containing sweets and chocolates. A big bowl of ice cream was another one of the things she had.

She looks drained, but still has a big smile on her face. I can tell she's faking it though.

She pulled Leo into a hug.

"Leo!" She said still smiling. I don't think he's noticed how she looks.

I went forward to help her with the things she brought.
When she saw me, it was like her eyes lit up again.

"Hi" she said before dropping most of her things and pulling me into a tight hug. Really tight.

Leo picked them from the floor and went to the dinning table to place them there.

Bri and I made our way to the living room. She Leo was done, he also came to us.

"I've been waiting so long to meet you again. Finally" she said still smiling. She may be smiling, but I can tell she's sad. I ignored the thought and chuckled lightly

"Me too"

"Soo..... What's going on" she said, eyeing Leo.

"Pretty sure mum told you on the phone"

"Yeah, she did. You guys look so cute together. I'm still offended you didn't introduce us to each other earlier" she said glaring at Leo while he just shrugged. She brought out a Snickers bar from her bag and opened it.
      I turned to Leo to see him looking at her with concern.

"Bri" Leo said and she turned to face him "what's wrong?" He asked not removing his gaze from her. I guess he noticed.

"Nothing" she said while looking down at her Snickers bar

"Don't lie. You only ever buy this much sweets when you're sad" he hasn't removed his gaze still.

"I'm fine Leo. I'll get over it. I always do" it seemed like she was trying to convince herself more than Leo.

His gaze softened a bit. I could she him clench his jaws a little.

"What. Happened" his gaze may have softened on her, but he looks angry. He must really care about her.

"Don't worry about it Leo"

"Leo" I heard the familiar voice of Lana call out "come here. I need you to lift up something" what is she moving? All we need is a room.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always vote ⭐ share and comment.  It would mean a lot to me.
Thank you for reading this book ❤️❤️❤️

Love, skai _os

The Charming PrinceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara