Chapter 20: Getting close

Leo left to meet his mum and it's just Bri and I. She still looks hella sad so I guess I'll have to ask her.

"What's wrong?" I thought she wasn't going to answer, but then she started crying.

"He.... He broke.....Up with me" she said between sobs. I didn't know what to do so I gave her a hug.

"Well, it's his loss. You're the brightest soul I've ever met" I tried to console her. It's true, Bri is the brightest soul. I mean, her boyfriend broke up with her and she's been smiling and trying to be happy.

"I don't want Leo to know about it"

"Why?" I shouldn't be asking, but I'm pretty sure Leo means no harm.

"Cause he'll overreact and probably destroy zac" zac, I'm guessing, is her ex.

"But he's obviously worried about you and knowing Leo, he'll end up finding out" I tried to reason. I don't really know him, but I do know that it'll be a piece of cake for him to figure out why she's sad. That's probably why he didn't force her to speak.

"I know. For now I just want to forget about him. He's not the first break up I've ever had"

"Ok, if you say so"

"Thanks Mira" I replied by giving her a light smile.

"How about we watch a movie" I suggested. She needs a distraction.

She let out a chuckle while wiping off her tears "sure, but we need popcorn. I'll go get some" she went, probably to the kitchen. She came back after a while with a bowl filled with popcorn.

It hasn't been too long since Leo left but I'm finding myself wanting to feel his presence again.
As if reading my mind, I saw him walking down the stairs.

He looked a bit confused when Bri placed the popcorn on the center table and sat
"What are you doing?" He asked us

"What does it look like?" Bri said, giving him a look and facing the TV. I smiled at her.

"I guess you're back to normal" he said while sitting on the couch, beside me!!
I mean there's a lot of space on this couch. He could have sat beside Bri, far, far away from me, but he chose to do this.

I have him a look like 'what the freak are you doing ?! ' he responded by taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it in his mouth while looking at me.

"Hey! I didn't make popcorn for you" Bri said, making me look at her.

"I didn't ask you that" he said

"Yeah well, you know what..."

"Um... Let's watch something already" I'm not about to be stuck in the middle of an argument.

"He's so annoying" she said and sighed, falling into the couch while crossing her arms.

"Alright, I'll pick. What about friends?" I asked.

"Sure" Bri said, still looking annoyed and probably still sad.
      I picked an episode at random and sat comfortably.

I felt Leo's arm move over my shoulder and bring me closer as the series started. Thank goodness the lights are off. 'cause if they weren't, he'd probably see how bad I'm blushing.

"What did she tell you?" He whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Did I mention his hand is still resting on my shoulders.

"Nothing. She'll tell you when she wants to" I told him

" just say it"

" I'm serious, she didn't say anything" I whispered to him" where's your mum"

" She's asleep "

" Really, so soon? It's just 7.00pm" I said looking at my phone. Wow, time flew by so fast.

" You're find of my mum?" Of course I am. I didn't let him know though. I smiled and turned to the TV.

****
I look over at Bri and she's fast asleep. We've only watched like 10 episodes. She must be really tired, she didn't even get to eat anything.

I tapped Leo and pointed at Bri. He smiled, SMILED!!, and went to her. He probably wants to take her to bed.
I paused the TV and watched as he put her on his back. They may fight a lot, but I'm pretty sure they love each other.

He came back after a while and I couldn't help but admire him. I had an unconscious smile on my face as I watched him. He sat beside me and placed his arm over my shoulders. Only this time, I wasn't surprised or bothered. I actually wanted his arm there, I wanted him close to me.

I put my head on his shoulder and pressed play.

"Why are you smiling" he looked down at me.

"Nothing" I said with my eyes focused on the TV. He kept on looking at me.
"Watch" I said pointing at the TV

As always vote ⭐ share and comment.  It'll mean a lot to me. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love, skai_os