Chapter 27: Mrs Argent

Mira's pov

It's been a while since I left Leo's office. This place is so big and beautiful. Really big. I wandered around for a while and.....

Got lost.

This wasn't supposed to happen. It's worse that I don't have my phone. How could I forget my phone!!!

I was about to turn into a corner, when my bag hit a weird statue like thing, and my things fell on the floor.

"Shit! Now this?" I said as I bent to pick my things.

I noticed the letter I received about over a week ago. 'I still have that? '

I was about to pick it when someone beat me to it. I looked up and it was the lady from that day. The one I saw when I was to meet with Leo.

" Uh.. thank you"I tried to snatch it from her, but she moved it away.

" Hmm... I know Leo didn't give this to you 'cause your name's on it" what does she mean by that?

" I don't understand what you mean by that?" She took a step closer.

" I mean... "She was cut off by Leo clearing his throat. He walked forward and took the letter from her.

" I've been looking for you "he said not paying her any mind.

" Yh.. I was just about to head back and-"

" You were lost "he cut me off. He does that a lot.

" No, I wasn't "

" Yes, you were"

" No, I -" I was stopped by the lady clearing her throat.

" It seems I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Lisa Mellark" she brought her hand forward for me to shake it, but before I could, Leo came in front of me.

"You were denied all access into my company" he said and his demeanor changed. "What are you doing here"

"Leo, you can't keep acting like this okay. That happened a long time ago"

"Leave" I wonder what happened between them. Leo seems pretty mad. " Let's go" he said, as he looked at me.

He started to walk, and I followed. Lisa had other things to say though. She dragged me back and spoke close to my ear.

" Don't enjoy this for too long Miss Tasset and don't think for a second that he's not using you for some selfish reason. You both don't love each other so accept it"
I don't know exactly who she is or what her problem is but I'm not taking any sh!t from her.

"Well, I guess that's for my HUSBAND and I to decide, not you. Right?, Miss Mellark. Sorry but I have to go now" I was about turning, but had something else to say

" Oh, and it's Mrs Argent to you" I said and put on the brightest smile.

I ran hurriedly to Leo before he disappeared.

****
" Finally"I said as we entered Leo's office.

" What were you doing there?"

"I was....enjoying the amazing view" I said and put on a fake smile.

he picked up his phone probably to call someone.

"Fire whoever let her in"  wow! what a CSA (cunning selfish a$$hole).
I mean whoever let her in shouldn't have to suffer that much.

"Uh.... I left my phone here"

" Oh really?" he said that in a tone that instantly told me he had my phone.

" where is it?"  he picked his phone up again.
He dailed another number and placed it on his ear. My ringtone came up from his pocket and he brought out my phone.

"Mr stalker? really?"  I tried my best not to laugh.

"That's not you. What if-"

"Really" he sure likes cutting people off.

"Oh well, that's your nickname. Accept it" he made a cunning chuckle.

" Sure wifey" again with that insanely cliché, but cute nickname.

" Whatever, Mr Stalker"

My breath hitched when he pulled me closer, really close. He kept staring like he was trying to figure out something.

" What am I going to do with you, Mira" I was about to speak when the door opened and he let go.

"Oh, sorry"  his secretary, sam, entered "Please  go on" he said and tried to leave.

" Sam" Leo called before he closed the door.

" Yes boss"

" What is it"

" Something important came up"Leo nodded and turned to face me.

" You have to go home now. I'll be back later" I haven't gotten to do anything fun yet.

" But-"

" Home, wifey. Now"

"That house is lonely and creepy and-"

"I'll walk you to the car so you don't get lost again" his secretary could do that. Why him?
"Enjoy the privilege while it lasts" I glared at him and stomped out angrily as I muttered insults.

CSA.

FF: Does Mellark ring a bell? It would if you've watched 'The hunger games' 😁😁

As always vote ⭐ share and comment.

Don't check out my new book!!!
Let's try that.
Thank you for reading.

Love, skai_os.