Chapter 31: issues

This is unedited..... sorry, I'm exhausted.

This party is horrible.
All Leo has been doing is talking to men, that came our way, about deals.
I've been forced to give head nods to the women accompanying them.

The only thing making me feel better is this dress. I look smoking hot in it. it's a black shiny dress with a thigh high slit. Even when Leo first saw me he couldn't keep his eyes off- Mira shut up

 Even when Leo first saw me he couldn't keep his eyes off- Mira shut up

" Mira, you're lost" Leo whispered in my ears.

"I'm fine. Let's just get this over with" I said for the second time this evening. I shouldn't be this angry, but I am.

We were joiner by another man and his date.

"Ah... Leo, Lange nicht gesehen" he said in German
Long time no see

"Es ist auch schön, dich zu sehen, Hans" Leo replied
It's good to see you too, Hans.

"Und wen haben with hier" The man, which I'm assuming to be Hans, turned to me. Leo was about to speak, when I interrupted.
And who do we have here

"Ich bin Mira Argent, Leo's frau. Es ist mir eine freude, sie kennenzulermen" I could feel Leo tense up beside me as I shaked Hans' hand.
I'm Mira Argent, Leo's wife. It's a pleasure to meet you.

"Hans Fisher, schön dich auch kennenzulermen"
He said and turned to Leo
Hans Fisher, nice to meet you too.

"Wir sehen uns später mein freund" he said, before leaving and Leo gave him a head nod before turning to me.
I'll see you later my friend

"You speak German?" He looked confused and surprised at the same time.

"Ja" I replied in German "and 7 other languages. I was kinda bored most of my life"
Yes

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be a polyglot" he said as he looked around.

"Yh, me neither" I said before pausing "uh.... where's the toilet?" He gave me the directions and I made my way there.

I was about to enter, when I heard two girls talking. Of course I didn't care to listen, that is till I heard Leo's name.

" Who's that chick that came in with Leo" one of them said, I'll call her 'girl one'.

"I don't know, but I heard she's his wife" girl two said.

"I'm pretty sure she's not. The rumors of him getting married are obviously fake. It's probably for publicity. She's not even up to his standards" well that was rude.

" You're right, she's probably one of the slvts that follow him around" girl two said and they both laughed.

" I'm sure she thinks she's pretty because of the stupid dress she wore. I mean who is she?!"

" No one knows who she is and she probably thinks she belongs here. Someone needs to put her in her place"

That made me realize I was still eavesdropping so I left. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to walk away, away from everything.

I could've been in better places. Tara's not here, and I'm at a stupid party where no one knows who I am. If they don't know me, then why am I here.
Could this day get any worse!

" Mira" I heard Leo call me as I exited the building. It just got worse.

"Mira! Wtf are you doing?" He said as he caught up with me. I ignored him and kept on walking, so he held my arm.

"Leave me alone!" I said, as I removed my arm from his grip.

"What's the problem?" He said sharply, but I kept on walking. " Mira, are you out of you mind" he shouted and I stopped, my back still facing him.

"It's all because of you"

"What the hell are you saying?" He asked, still angry.

" I shouldn't be here. I should be with my fvcking Grandparents, celebrating my mums birthday" he didn't say anything so I took it as an opportunity to continue.

" I won't be able to see my bestfriend for a long time and I didn't even see her before she left. I had to listen to shit about me that's not even true, all because of you!"

" I-" he tried to say something, but I ignored him.

" You what?you'll never understand how I feel. I just wanted to be with my grandparents. You'll never know how it feels for me not to have her" I saw a hurt expression on his face and he didn't try to cover it up. Like he wanted to be noticed.

" Mira I-"

" Please, just go away" I said as I ran away. " I'm borrowing the car" I got in the car and sped off. I was on my way to Tara's place hoping I'd meet her there.

No FF today
Instead

Advise of the day(aotd):
Note: this may not apply to all situations.

Don't let what you hear from others define how you are or how you react to certain things.

Ngl, I often care too much about what I hear from others. It's not cause I'm an idiot, probably cause I have a very very very big heart.

Anyways, not the point. The point is, just because you've heard one or two people saying sh!t about you, doesn't mean everyone is.

Even if only one person has something good to say about you, it proves all the bad things wrong.

Just don't let people know they can affect you with their words. It'll damage you beyond repair.

I hope that made sense a little

As always vote ⭐ share and comment. Thank you so much for reading ❤️❤️❤️ it means a lot.

Love, skai_os