Chapter 16: "stand up for yourself "

🤭 I haven't updated in so long so here's another chapter 🤭

I tried to move to stop him, but stopped when he lowered his hans into his pocket.

"Scared, right? " He asked her, and all she could do was look down a little.
"I would really appreciate it if you don't raise your hands on my wife ever again.  You will regret it" I stood there in shock as he turned towards me "let's go" he said and dragged me away.

"You'll regret this" Rya said on our way out.  She seemed so scared a few minutes ago.
"I'll be waiting" Leo said without giving her a single glance.

****
I got in the car and he started it almost immediately

The car was filled with silence for a while, until he broke it.
"You shouldn't let people hit you" he said in a calm voice "stand up for yourself"

This Sentence made me angry. 

" Standing up for myself would get me nowhere.  It doesn't guarantee that she wouldn't have hit me again.  I chose to walk out, but it seems like my decision affects you.  Just mind your damn business".

I know I shouldn't have said that.  He was helping me, but he made matters worse.  What if she tells me father.  I mean, his background check didn't tell him the condition of my family, now did it.  I was just trying to stay out of trouble which is why I didn't try to 'stand up for myself'

He clenched his jaws and his grip on the steering wheel tightened.  He looked angry.  He was angry, but didn't say anything.

****
The car was filled with an awkward silence, that is before I broke it.

"Where are we going"

"You'll know when we get there" there was an obvious irritation in his voice. 
"Could you not talk anymore, you're distracting me" I have had enough

"What the hell is wrong with you?! It's like one minute you're nice and the other you're .......you"  my eyes widened.

I don't usually loose my cool like that.  I would normally just cage in my emotions and let them out when I'm alone.  I guess I don't feel the need around him.

I guess he didn't like that, cause now he's stopped the car. 

"Get.out" I sat there frozen.  Will he leave me stranded??
"NOW!! " He shouted causing me to flinch at the sudden raise in his voice

I was relieved when he got out after me, but a part of me was still scared he might leave me here.
He ran his hands through his hair in frustration and let out a sigh.  He looks exhausted.  He turned to me after a while

"Get in" he got in the car
What was the use of coming out then. I got in knowing he wouldn't think twice before driving off

****
Leo's pov.  Starting from Saturday, at the restaurant.

Those shitty letters

I entered the restaurant, and it's still the same.  Nothing changed over the years.  still the same unattractively attractive restaurant, with few customer.  The only thing that changed are the employees. it's been like 14 years now, so I get that.

I ordered the food and was about walking out and an old man came towards me.

"A woman in that black van asked me to give this to you" he gave me the letter.

" Thank you" I said as he walked into the restaurant.  I doubt he has anything to do with it. I opened the letter to read it.

'you shouldn't leave Mira alone, right?
A lot of bad things happen at night'

Love, R.D

I scoffed.  My grandmother can make better rhymes than that.  It isn't even night yet.  The attempt to be scary failed completely.

It would be easier to catch this bas***d if I knew the slightest thing about them.  I do know it's a woman now. 

There's only one reason I agreed to this and it hurts my pride so much that I have to abide by the instructions of some low life whose after money.

I made my way towards the car and couldn't help but notice the look of confusion even Mira didn't know she had on her face. 

'she looks kinda cu.... ' ok, don't finish that sentence.  Infact never say 'that word' again.  I've been using it a lot lately around her.  I know it's just once, but that's a lot considering the fact that I've never used it on anyone. 

😂😂He didn't want to call her cute. 

#lera. 🤭 I know, stupid.  Come up with yours🤭😁

Please comment vote ⭐ and share As always.  I hope you enjoyed this chapter ☺️
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️

Love, skai_os❤️❤️