Chapter 9: Mr Argent

I woke up the next morning with red and swollen eyes as I had fallen asleep crying the night before.
I cried a lot but no one was ever there to cuddle me or tell me things like 'everything will be alright'.  I have always felt lonely.  Even if my mum did these things for me it was before my parents began to have arguments almost every time, so these memories were very faint.
With time, I learnt to hide my feelings from people.  At least I tried to.

      I stood up from the bed to take a bath and brush my teeth.  when I was done washing and drying my hair, I packed it in a messy bun, and decided to check my phone for any messages.  I widened my eyes and gasped at what seemed like a million messages from Tara. 
      I realized that I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all last night.

"Hey"I said with a smile.  But the smile was short lived as Tara shot questions at me.

"Hey!? Hey!? Is that all you have to say to me? Where were you last night after you got back? I was starting to think you were dead.  What happened at Mr. Stalkers house? Mira? Mira! You're not saying anything.  Did you end the call? "

"No I didn't, you just didn't give me a chance to speak yet" I replied

"Whatever, spill"

"Spill what? there's nothing to spill"

"Mira!! "

"Alright fine before you make me go deaf" I said and told her everything that happened.  His real name, about Bri, the conversation I had with him, what happened when I got home, everything but the part where I cried all night.  I didn't want Tara to worry about me.

"So they really want you to get married to Malcom? " I could feel the disgust as Tara said that through the phone.  She was even more angry than I was.

Just so you know Malcom was a bully.  He bullied me every single day in highschool  and I couldn't go to prom because of the bas****.  I mean prom.  It's not like I didn't have a date, in fact all the boys in school were head over heels for me.  It was Malcom, he threatened to ruin my dress and embarrass me if I showed up.  It was until he realized my father was rich that he decided to be 'friends' with me. Ass****

"I hope you're ok Mira"

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? " I said with a fake smile even if I knew Tara couldn't see me.

"Are you sure? You don't sound okay" she said with worry in her voice.  I knew pretending I was fine was of no use.  Tara knew I was an emotional type.  I never cried in front of people but she somehow always knew when something was wrong with me.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about it" I assured her

"No Mira I'm coming over"

"No don't worry about me. I'm fine. You know me Tara.  I'm okay, besides, I don't want to see anyone right now" I said and was answered with silence.

" Alright, so when are you going to tell Leo that you're engaged to him"
   Tara said changing the subject. She always knew what to do and respected my decisions.

"I don't know.  I guess today? " It was more of a question than it was a statement.

"OK, great.  But this this time don't let me call you 50 billion times and send you a million messages before you answer me " I couldn't help but chuckle at what she said.  She really knows how to make me feel better.

"Bye, now I have to go to work"

"Work?  I thought you took the week off". Tara told me sometime ago that she was tired of her 'psychopathic bosses' and one day wouldn't be enough to get away from them.

"Yeah, I know but apparently it's 'important' " she emphasized more on the last two words. " Ugh.  I can't wait to just quit" she said knowing that wasn't happening.

"Ok, I'll have time to sleep anyways" I said knowing I wasn't going out of my room for breakfast any time soon.

" Kay, bye.  I'll call you later okay" Tara said before ending the call.

********

'ring ring'

Wow, did someone really think it would be best to call me now. seriously, I need my beauty sleep.  These thoughts flashed my mind as I lifted my phone off the side table.

I picked the call without even checking who it was.  I assumed it was Tara as she said she was going to call later in the day.

"Hey" I said in a sleepy voice

"Miss Mira " the voice sounded familiar but I just couldn't get who it was.

"Please who is this? " I asked still trying to figure out who it was.

"I see you've forgotten all about you telling me that you'll think about it"
My eyes widened at the realisation of who it was.

"Mr Argent"

What a way to end a chapter
I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and if you didn't, feel free to tell me my mistakes or what you like and dislike.

Please comment, vote and share.
Thank you for reading this book❤️❤️
I hope you continue to read.