Evil

Note : There are two POVs in this chapter - first Abhiram and then Avantika. Please note this while you read.

Abhiram's POV

"And just because your mother insisted, you decided to ditch your wife and come here, while the rest of the family is celebrating."

Pappa was visibly annoyed or perhaps I should say fuming when he saw me entering their home without Avantika. Kinjal seemed quite happy at our arrival and immediately went ahead to take Aaru in her arms, but my baby wasn't having it. We never know why, but Aaru has always refused to bond with her, let alone bond, he even refuses to go into her arms for a matter of few moments.

"Pappa, I..uh...maybe Kinjal gets upset.", I treaded carefully. Even I was feeling really guilty after I had uttered those words yesterday. And especially after all of what had transpired through my mind since my conversation with Dev yesterday. The truth which I felt had existed, now seemed quite blurred and I felt my mind increasingly drowning into a turmoil since yesterday.

Pappa scoffed at me, "Meri Avantika ko villain banaya hai pura."

(My Avantika has been completely made a villain)

"Let others think what they want to Abhiram. But what about you? Aren't you her husband? So where's that support you had always touted upon?", he uttered furiously.

"Kinjal is my daughter. I have mourned the loss of my grandchild along with her. Yes, even I could not understand Avantika's accusations and they sure did hurt, but without even speaking with her, you people chose to alienate her? I can understand Kinjal doing so, but you and your mom too?", pappa shook his head and for the first time in my life, I could feel him disappointed in me.

I can relate with you papa. I too am disappointed in myself. Before I could respond, I heard a very enthusiastic mummy greeting someone.

Oh Pratik bhai.

"Pratik beta (child), come. We were all waiting for you, especially your wife.", mummy ushered him in warmly. Kinjal giggled at her words, but Pratik bhai, he seemed really odd today.

Something was wrong with him, his entire demeanour screamed that. I have never ever seen him in such a disheveled state since he's been a part of our family. He seemed furious, but at the same time completely devastated.

"Bhabhi.", a singular word and Avantika came in through the door. Wasn't really expecting that. She glanced at me shortly, almost indifferently and then looked away. Well, that hurt.

She too seems a bit too disturbed. Wait, her eyes are red. She cried? What the f*ck has even happened?

"What is she doing here Pratik?", Kinjal screeched hysterically.

"Don't you remember she's the one who killed our child and dared to accuse me. I hate her Pratik. Take her away from me.", she continued screaming, tears running down her cheeks now.

This is what I was scared of. Kinjal's reaction.

"Why are you here Avantika? You have already done enough.", mummy yelled at her. She glanced at mummy, a pained expression on her face.

"Get out of here bhabhi. Please. Or you will kill this child of mine too. Pratik please.", Kinjal continued with her screams, now visibly shaking. Her words were too intense and I felt really sorrowful. I could see the intense turmoil in Avi's eyes. How I wanted to scream, my Avi hasn't killed any child, she could never do so.

Before I could speak, or someone could intervene in here, we all heard Pratik bhai.

"Shut the f*ck up Kinjal. Just shut up.", he bellowed. Everyone present there flinched at the fury in his demeanour.