All fine, all well, all Good

Avantika's POV

"Abhi, hurry up. Aaru, you too. All of them must be waiting for us."

It had been two months since I had forgiven my Abhi, two months since our seventh anniversary, and things had only gotten good for us, progressively. Not just for Abhi, Aaru and I, but for the rest of the family as a whole too.

The best part - Pratik was finally free from her nasty clutches. Yes, 'she-who-isn't-anymore-named' in our family had finally signed those papers once and for all, and considering all the valid arguments placed in front of the court, it hadn't even gotten them to stay together for six months to see if things worked out. Thankfully, this was a quick affair, and her demands for alimony were ruthlessly and rightfully shunned. If anything, she had to hear an earful from the court for all of her deeds.

Pratik was so happy, but honestly, more than happy, he was relieved to have gotten free from her clutches at last, and to be able to devote himself to raising his kid. He had been granted a paternity leave for a much longer duration, thanks to his co-operative seniors who understood his predicament. The ideal period was just 15 days, but Pratik didn't want to leave the entire responsibility of Avyukt on his parents, and being his sole parent wanted to do everything for his son. Thanks to his co-operative seniors, this was made possible.

Presently, we were on our way to Pratik's home for celebrating his divorce. That was Abhi's idea to cheer him up. Pratik had teared up when we all insisted on the celebration, and when, mummy and pappa had clearly stated that they were proud of him for standing up against the partner of his who did not deserve him.

As parents, no matter what she has done, she is still their kid, but they do have the courage - immense courage to accept and acknowledge what and who she has wronged. They do have the courage to stand up against her wrongs, the way she deserves. I could only imagine the massive pain they must have felt while doing all of this, but sometimes strict measures are your only way out.

Abhi had started with his individual therapy sessions. As expected, getting rid of that negativity from his mind, and the self-loathing which came hands-in-hands was quite the task, but he's steadily working on it. Dr. Godbole is such an angel, indeed. Not just Abhi, but we had even convinced mummy, pappa, and Pratik for the sessions. Each one of them was reluctant - in fact, mummy sounds reluctant even now, but oh well, you can clearly see the subtle differences the sessions are creating in them.

It was rather easier to convince Pratik. Just for the sake of Avyukt, he had decided to heal himself. Anything for his son was what he had said.

"Abhi, Aaru.", I raised my voice in frustration.

"Aa rahe hai Avi. Just five minutes."

(Aa rahe hai - we are coming)

What were these two even doing? They just had to get ready, and technically, the three of us do not take time in getting ready, at all. So what had happened today? Must be some mischief, I am sure.

By the way, our Dev was in love. Yes, the ever-mischievous Dev had fallen in love with someone at the first sight, and was apparently getting crazier in her love.

We did not know much about her except for the fact that she was a beautiful Punjabi girl, she was immensely intelligent - a PhD holder scientist, and she did not like Dev, at all. We did not even know her name, since Dev refused to share that. We all had tried to coerce him into sharing her name or any other details - but no, this man had his mouth sealed shut. Not even his parents knew anything more than this. He was shooting for a web series in Gujarat itself, some two hours away from here, and had seen his beauty there, and had become a lost case ever since.