Tell me the truth

Avantika's POV

Note : I have uploaded 'That planned attack' just some hours prior, be sure of reading that before you read this chapter :)

He had gotten me a gun and had also secured police protection for us. But more than that, this man sitting alongside me had become a lot paranoid these days, although, I would never blame his paranoia, since even I was not in a better state of mind than him.

Threaten me all you want, try to harm me all you want, but threaten and harm my family, try to hurt them the slightest - and I will show you what real hell meant. I know Abhiram shared my thoughts, and so, even I did not stop him from taking the required steps.

Those crooks, who had attacked us, were now in Inspector Dave's custody and were awaiting being presented in court. Oh how we were going to destroy them.

It had been nearly two weeks since our conversation with Pratik and Dev.

Pratik - the manner in which he had addressed me as his di, it still warms my heart. I had always seen him as a little brother, but thanks to Kinjal's stupid tactics, there had been some sort of a distance in between us, even between him and Abhiram, but now that Kinjal was out of our lives for good, that distance had started fading. When he called me di yesterday, and uttered those words, that distance simply faded away into an oblivion. Now, he was just Pratik, our Pratik.

And Dev, I mean, he might have forgiven us for hiding things from him, but boy did I feel guilt for doing so. Each day, either of us would send something for him, mostly something which we would make especially for him. I know this sounded more like a bribe, but then, don't we bribe our near and dear ones with what they love? And as it is, it was more of a win-win situation. We get to placate Dev, and him, he gets to enjoy some delicious food.

Presently, we were on our way back home from Dr. Godbole's clinic. It was a good session. Like honestly, this was the first time that we were here after that 'reason-revealing' session, and I was quite apprehensive about what was to come our way. Much to our relief, Dr. Godbole had planned quite light and rather quiet activities or conversations for us today. So it wasn't that emotionally taxing.

However, a few things of the past had wormed their way into my thoughts, and the more I tried to avoid those memories, to get away from them, the more they seemed to pester me. That is why, I had decided to have a talk with Abhiram once we get home.

I understand his efforts, and the way he's working on things, working on assuring me time and again, helping me out with those deeply rooted insecurities, and I appreciate those efforts of his. Speaking about those acrid memories did not sound really enticing, but as per our conversation, he had taken this promise from me that whenever I would have the slightest of the doubt, or even the most distant memory making its way into my mind, I must speak with him. Even if that meant some accusatory conversation, some unpleasant words. He had firmly stated that since all of what perturbs my mind is essentially his fault, he would take up the responsibility of helping me deal with even the tiniest bit of it.

"Avi, what is it my love? I can see that you have been a bit disturbed ever since we had left for home. Tell me what it is, please."

These were his first words when we had made our way into the living space.

Honestly, I was a bit exhausted, and wanted to avoid the conversation - stupid change of mind, but then I realized that we had at the most an hour in our hand before pappa dropped Aaru home. We had dropped him off at mummy and pappa's for some time for this session. Now, it would be advisable and sensible if we get done with this conversation before our little nugget came home.