Us

Abhiram's POV

"Hey gorgeous woman.", I was leaned against the doorframe, whilst she searched for our home keys.

How beautiful she looked. Aren't I a really lucky man?

Her head turned towards me, and her eyes were narrowed in my direction, but that was all playful.

"Don't you distract me Mr. Gandhi.", she pointed a finger towards me.

I let out a low chuckle, and leaned towards her.

"Oh, I will. What will you do huh?", I wiggled my eyebrows.

She leaned against the door now, mirroring the way I had leaned.

"What will I do?", she pretended to think for a moment, and then all of her movements were in a fraction of a few seconds, making me flabbergasted.

She jumped inside our apartment, and was on the verge of closing the door. I was thankful to my quick reflexes that I was able to catch the door in time, preventing her from closing it.

"What I will do is, close this door, and keep you standing out here for the entire night.", she chuckled teasingly, her voice strained as she tried to push the door against my strength.

Well, she was in for a surprise.

"Oh is it, my precious Avi?", a smirk formed on my face as she now looked unsure of my next move.

"I...ahhh.....woaahhhh."

I had pushed the door with merely half of my strength, and in she went farther away from the door.

She glared at me, whilst I smirked at her - now that was a full-blown evil smirk. I turned around to quickly lock the door.

"Avi, but how did you miscalculate my strength huh?", my words were as teasing as the smile plastered on my face now.

She still glared at me for another minute I presume, and then stuck out her tongue.

I stared at her after she had done that, and she too stared at me. It was not an intense eye contact, in fact, if I were to say, there was nothing in that eye contact - no tension, no sensual intentions, no expectations, no glare, and no teasing. It was as plain as it could be.

And as if something had suddenly struck us - the same thing, if I might say, we both burst out into laughter. It was weirdly contagious, and the more we heard and saw the other laugh, the more intensely the both of us laughed. I don't know who was the first to stop, but whoever it might be from amongst us, it must be due to our aching stomachs.

"Ha....that's enough", Avi panted as she averted her eyes, "I can't....can't laugh anymore."

"Me...me too.", I added, panting as hard as her. And then, as I turned to look at her, I found her already staring at me.

There we go.

We once again burst into another hearty bout of uncontrollable laughter, this time harshly clutching our already aching bellies.

"Ruko na yaar."

(Please stop)

"I just can't laugh anymore."

"Okay, shhh, no more laughing.", she placed her finger on my lips without glancing at me.

I knew I would yet again burst into laughter if she were to look my way. It was one of those days when you just go crazy over nothing in specific.

"See Abhi, I am going to change my clothes. If I stay here, I would continue to laugh more."

"Hmm."

Seeing her nearing the exit of the living space, I called out her name.