The date

Abhiram's POV

"F*ck, so f*cking gorgeous", I muttered under my breath as my Avi stepped into the living room. Dressed in a beige colored sweater and black pants, she looked everything wonderful, and gorgeous and perfect, and everything mine. What was missing was the broad grin which must have been plastered on her face, but there was a small soft smile. And at the moment I was content with it. Now it was upon me to transform this smile into a hearty laughter.

I myself got dressed in a white T-shirt, she loved that color on me, and some khaki pants. A classic combination, and perfect for our date. I had called pappa some time prior, and he had picked up Aaru for the time we would be away. As much as we wanted to take our baby with us, we do need some time for ourselves. I do need to see a glimpse, rather, to be honest, I wanted to see my happy Avi, happy with my presence, with the moments we spend together. This was all for that, all for her.

I took her within my arms as soon as she neared me, although this time, I was sensible enough to maintain some distance. I would never want a repeat of the morning incident. It definitely did pain me to see her backing away from my affection, but what pained me more was seeing her uncomfortable and hurt because of her own bitter, but rightful emotions.

How ironic is it right, I had exactly been this way since the time we got married. And ever since I had started loving her, the first glimpse of hers being hurt, or being uncomfortable or being in pain, and I would jump right in to resolve anything and everything. Yet, I was the one who callously pushed her into that deep sea of turmoil and hurtful emotions.

"Let's leave?", her voice cut off my trail of pitiful thoughts. She stood still within my arms, not stiff or uncomfortable, thankfully. She was relaxed and I glanced at her.

"You are extremely beautiful, my love. So gorgeous.", I whispered. And as much as I wanted to refrain myself from doing, I found myself leaning close to her to peck her forehead. Thankfully, she did not reject my advances.

I began driving towards our destination. I hadn't yet told her about the place we were visiting because I wanted to see the unadulterated joy on her face once we would reach there, but the lawyer that she is, very alert and observant, once I make those specific turns from the highway, I know she would come to know.

The car was silent, and the sound of silence was too loud today. It took me back to our car rides of the past, especially when we would be going out for some family time, or on dates - filled with fun, laughter, some typical dad jokes on my part, and our horrible singing. How I wish to have that contagious laughter ringing in my ears yet again, how I wish to see her happy face yet again, her eyes sparkling with delight and without any care in the world, her carefree demeanour. How I wished to have her hand crawling onto my bicep and resting there, with an occasional tap of her fingers resonating with the the beat of the song being played.

How I wished for this silence, this loud, terrible silence to be somehow transformed into a peaceful solace with laughter and love and life.

But it was not my place to lament for the past now, I had taken up the responsibility, more like, I had made a promise to myself to make Avi gleeful the way she always had been, the way she always ought to be, and I will be damned if I do not do that.

"Are we going where I think we are?", she had a surprised expression on her face, and her eyes teemed with excitement.

"Yes." I grinned at her.

To my surprise, she grinned back.

"How much time more?", we both screamed.

Well, more like she asked with pure curiosity, and me, I juts wanted to tease her with her patent question.