Memories

Abhiram's POV

I was waiting for her in the living space. It was that day - our anniversary. We should have been so ecstatic today, absolutely gleeful to celebrate seven years of our marriage, and here we were.

It had been two days since Avi had forgiven me, since she had taken away a major chunk of the burden I had been reeling under.

It felt so good to have her within my arms again, to have her sharing her smiles, her happiness, her thoughts with me again. It felt good to be a part of her conversations, to have those conversations yet again. To speak of everything under the sun - everything that made sense, and everything that did not, with her yet again. And the most important, to have my Avi back, yet again.

I was so grateful for this second chance, and I mean it. I meant every single thing which I had promised her the other day, because there was no other way it had to be.

My sweet love.

Today, I had planned things for us. Or rather, carefully devised a plan to replace all of those bitter memories from that day. I know, that wasn't really possible - erasing away all of those memories with a whitewash of some sorts, but at least if I help my love create new memories which would be filled with nothing but joy, just like the way she deserves, it would mean a lot for her. It would make her happy, and her happiness is equivalent to mine.

I was dressed in a pale lavender (I guess) T - shirt which very openly intended to match with the dress of the same color I had kept for her. Let it sound cheesy or childish, I wanted to match my clothes with my wife, and I did just that.

I can only imagine how captivating she would look. But well, my sweet Avi would look equally captivating to me even if she were to dress up in a burlap sack.

We had been awake till after midnight. Before we could even wish each other, we were bombarded with frequent calls from Mr. Dev.

That man had literally decided to blow up our phones until we picked up, and had very insistently wished us. And then had very childishly grinned stating that he was the first to wish us. We had grinned back sarcastically and had cut his call, switching off our phones.

I had then very lovingly gathered Avi in my arms, cupped her face and kissed her long and sweet. Ever since that moment when she had kissed me after so long, we just could not keep our hands to ourselves. We had to feel each other's presence, had to kiss each other senselessly to make up for all that lost time.

It was not really enough, but well, at least we had each other now.

When I had wished her after that kiss, she had taken a moment - a long moment before returning my smile genuinely, and had wished me too. I knew my Avi, and so, I knew what must have passed through her mind in that moment.

"I cannot undo those memories my love. Its just not possible. But I promise that we will create new memories - so sweet, so loving, so heartfelt, so passionate - that the love they behold would be much more powerful than the bitterness those old memories hold.", I had promised her, and I intended to live that promise.

Both the sets of parents had called us in the morning today since they were used to sleeping before eleven in the night. Age and health.

Pratik too had called us in the morning itself. Apparently, Avyukt had refused to let him sleep the entire night, and things had skipped from his mind.

We were bombarded with calls and messages from colleagues, clients, acquaintances since the morning, and although their wishes seemed genuine, it felt really tiresome to deal with that stuff today. It was an 'us' time, just for Avi and I. And so, we had decided to just keep all of that asides for today.