(ITSV) Count Me Out

We may not know which way to go
On this dark road... In the morning, the entire city was in mourning for Peter Parker... the secret identity of Spider-Man. The air in the city felt heavy, and Mom had told me that Miles had left home early.

So I went to change my clothes in my dorm room at school. After getting dressed in my new outfit, I stepped out of my room and heard a voice calling me.

?: Hey. Are you new here, or why are you here?

As I turned around, I saw a girl with white hair wearing the school uniform.

Y/N: No, I wasn't here yesterday... Do I know you? I don't think I've seen you at the academy before.

?: No... Do you have any idea why there's no one here?

Y/N: Ehmm... Spider-Man died, they say in last night's earthquake.

The girl surprisingly didn't seem shocked.

?: Wow... I moved to New York hoping to see Spider-Man, and now he's dead. Oh well... I guess I'll finish setting up my new dorm room.

Y/N: I could help you if you want.

?: No, no, I'm new here... you should be more focused on yourself now... thank you, though...

Y/N: My name is Y/N.

?: Oh, so Y/N, huh?

The girl gave a small smile that seemed to sweeten my heart.

?: I'm Felicia, Felicia Hardy. You can call me Felicia, nice to meet you too.

The girl walked away with a seductive smile, leaving me standing there.

Hey buddy, are you feeling okay? Your heart seems ready for a marathon.

Don't take me seriously. She's strange... like every woman.

Hey, do you know what can lift our spirits? How about we go out tonight and take down any criminals we come across? Criminal activity is more active at night, and now that Spider-Man is gone, we're more likely to stumble upon them.

We have to stop Kingpin and his gang first.

I started walking down the floors when on one of the floors, I thought I saw someone familiar. It was Gwen.

I approached slowly, but before I could get her attention, she turned around and shot... web?!

Y/N: What?!

Gwen quickly turned back and upon seeing that it was me, she seemed surprised.

Gwen: Oh... damn. Wait.

She quickly approached me and removed her web from me.

Another spider.

Gwen: Damn it, I'm sorry, Y/N. My spider-sense went crazy... but you probably noticed that, right?

Y/N: W-Wait, Gwen... you also have... powers? And... what happened to your h--?

Gwen: So you also have powers after all, that explains everything.

Y/N: Well... it's not exactly the same kind of powers.

Gwen: What do you mean?

Y/N: I'd rather not talk about it here.

She sighed.

Gwen: I guess you're right... let's go.

She and I started walking out of the school.

Y/N: And... how do you have powers? I thought Spider-Man was the only one... but well, that's not the case anymore.

Gwen: I have no idea. I came from another dimension through some kind of dimensional portal and ended up here. Ever since I arrived here, I've been in a glitch state.