(ATSV) i

A strange silence fell upon the city as I swung, with the only audible sound being Gwen's webbing bouncing off the walls.

In the midst of this oddly tense atmosphere, I forced my consciousness to go deep, deep within myself.

I can do it... I can do it... I want to believe in myself.

-No, I believe in myself.

After all, there was no reason for me to lose here.

I am a man who has survived this useless, sad, and painful hero life by myself. I have lived through this miserable and agonizing "youth" alone... more or less.

There was no reason for me to lose. Wait, the afternoon is about to end.

This is usually the time when I finish eating my lunch next to the library office, across from the courts.

The memory of talking there with Gwen, the first time I had a conversation with her, crossed my mind.

I sharpened my ears.

I couldn't hear Venom's disdainful voice; this is new...

But I heard a sound... That sound that I, and probably only I, had been hearing for a year. At that moment, I turned around and saw Miles on some scaffolding.

I caught a glimpse of Miles looking down at the ground. I saw the image of Miles... clenching his fists.

This is a joke, I don't want to deal with Miles now, things have been weird enough for a year.

I kept swinging above everyone, making sure neither Miles nor Gwen would detect me.

Gwen passed by a bridge where we had been before. I saw police car lights in the distance as Gwen hid under the bridge.

Gwen shot a web inside the police car, causing it to move on its own. The police officers were distracted, allowing Gwen to swing into the destroyed room.

I saw Miles turn invisible to follow Gwen. I sighed.

I stealthily approached Miles from behind, taking advantage of his invisibility to surprise him. My voice sounded mysterious and slightly frightened as I spoke to him.

Y/N: What are you doing here, Miles? What brought you to this dark corner of the city?

Miles startled and quickly turned around, showing his surprised and confused face.

Miles: Y/N? What the hell are you doing here?

Y/N: That's exactly what I'm wondering. I mean, what are you doing here?

Miles: I-I needed to see Gwen.

Y/N: Oh, come on. Following her all over the city, man...

Miles: You did the same thing!

Y/N: Shhh! She'll hear us. Please, bro, I don't think following Gwen is a good idea.

The irony is so palpable when you speak.

Y/N: And besides... we're on probation with mom and dad. Zero heroes, zero everything.

Miles: Damn, that sucks.

Well, I guess everything I said was true, so I had no real reason to feel bad about saying it.

Y/N: Hey... are we okay?Are we cool, about what happens last night?

Miles: Bros before hoes. Right?

Y/N: yeah.

Miles: Right?

Y/N: Yeah men

Miles: Man junk before truck.

Y/N: Balls before dolls.