(ITSV) LosT

Gwen: Hey, Y/N.

Gwen was with me at the entrance of the Academy, as we had planned the day before.

Y/N: Hi, Gwen. How have you been? Have you glitched again?

Gwen: A couple of times.

Y/N: So, are we going swinging or what?

Upon hearing this, Gwen started laughing.

This girl is weird.

Timeskip...

Gwen and I were on a bus heading to Hudson Valley, where the Alchemax headquarters were located. The sun caressed my face as the bus moved forward. Beside me, Gwen couldn't stop looking out the window.

Y/N: Why didn't we go swinging instead?

Gwen turned to look at me with a slight smile.

Gwen: I'm not swinging from Brooklyn to the Hudson Valley at 10 A.M. It's bad for the joints.

Y/N: I suppose, although I thought having superpowers would make you heal faster.

Gwen: Something like that...

Y/N: And... what are you thinking?

Gwen: Why do you ask?

Y/N: You seem thoughtful.

Gwen: I was wondering how you became part of Miles' family.

Y/N: Oh... I actually don't like talking about that.

Gwen: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch on something--

Y/N: No... it's okay, I understand.

Flashback - 10 years ago, on Interstate 95.

A 5-6-year-old Y/N was running after any passing car on the road.

Y/N: Stop! You're supposed to stop if someone needs help!

Y/N continued chasing the car, but suddenly his mom grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him back. This was his mother, Nora Morgan, a 1.70-meter tall blonde woman from Massachusetts. She had a radiant beauty and natural charm. With her tender blue eyes and bright smile, she exuded warmth and kindness. Her love for family, nature, and music defined her.

She had stopped Y/N, who wanted to keep trying to chase after the car for help, as their own car had stopped in the middle of the road.

Nora: Not so fast, Y/N Morgan. Forget about them, you can't change other people, it's just a waste of energy.

Y/N: But--

Nora took her little son's hands, looking into his eyes.

Nora: When I was a little girl, my grandmother taught me something. Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

Y/N: I'm not sure if I understand...

Nora: Ha...

She kisses him on the forehead.

Nora: You'll understand someday. Now we need a phone.

Nora started scanning the highway with her gaze and spotted a gas station in the distance.

Nora: Huh... A gas station.

Y/N: I'm coming!

Nora: Y/N!

....

Y/N ran through the streets of Greenpoint, Brooklyn, his heart pounding with excitement. It was a special day; it was his mother's birthday. Laughter and joy filled his small body as he approached his home. He kicked some autumn leaves as he arrived at his house.