Chapter 3

Santiago

Knock, knock

"Enter." I pull on my suit jacket. Already annoyed at whoever is at my door. My patience has been worn thin today. I have no desire of being nice.

"Boss, there has been a car driving around storage 17 for 10 minutes." I clench my jaw, feeling my blood instantly begin to heat. What the fuck do I pay them for if they can't do their damn job.

"Has anyone ran the plates?" I bark out, harshly.

"No sir, the vehicle has been moving too quickly. They've been doing laps on the road in front of the building. Too fast for the cameras to pick up."

I rub a hand over my face, trying to loosen the tension. Trying not to kill this idiot. I pick up my keys and tuck my gun into my waistband.

"I'll go, I was on my way out anyway, but next time do what I fucking pay you for. If you don't it'll seem that I have no need for you and you know how people are let go in this line of work." I say towering over whoever this man was who relayed the message.

"Yes sir." His voice shook with fear. He turned and practically ran out my office. Coward.

I walk out my office, a silence falling over the lobby. None of them dared to talk in my presence. It's not that it's forbidden, it's because they're terrified and I keep it that way.

I get to my car, pull out of the parking lot, and start driving to storage 17. I purposely drive slower than I normally do, not that I have to.

All officers know my car and face. They wouldn't have the courage to pull me over.

I'm supposed to be going to a street race. Alexander and Cameron told me to come because there was an undefeated street racer there that I "had to see"

I wanted to go home and change before I went because I was incredibly dressed up for a street race but now with this problem I won't be able to.

I didn't particularly care for street racing. It was entertaining, sure, but I wasn't a die hard fan. However I agreed regardless, it would be a nice outing.

I drive up to a road that is directly infront of storage 17 and see tire marks and quite far in the distance I see the rear of a car. I park horizontally, blocking the rest of the road from the car.

I watch as the car comes closer and closer. I realize this is incredibly risky but don't seem to care enough to move.

I sit and watch as the car screeches to a halt. Leaving more tire marks and the smell of burning rubber fills the air.

The car comes to a complete stop only a few feet away. I slowly open my car door, get out, and lean on the side of it, looking at the car.

I can't see inside the car, the windows are completely tinted. It seems like a nice car, a car you'd need some money to get.

The driver's side door swings open with such force I'm surprised it didn't fly off. I observe as a woman steps out of the car and slams the door behind her.

She has curly mocha hair reaching to about mid back, golden skin that looks soft, and subtle curves under her all black outfit.

I slightly recoil at my thoughts. I don't notice these things. I don't skim over them 100 times and think about what I would do to them.

How I would wrap her hair around my fist and how I would caress every curve. How I would hide my face in her sharp collar bones and how I would drown in her crystal blue eyes.

I tighten my jaw and burn those thoughts. I have no desire for it, nor do I have the time.

"What are you doing driving in front of my building?" I harden my voice in hopes of getting this over with quickly. I don't know what it is about her, but I feel something bad will happen if I stay close for too long.

"I was just driving. What the hell are you doing stopping in front of a speeding car like a dumbass?" I withdraw slightly surprised by the word. "Dumbass"

I've been called a thousand things, never a dumbass. One because no one has had the balls, two because I don't do dumb things, maybe risky, never dumb.

"Don't drive in front of my building." Her brows furrow in confusion. I wish she'd just say ok and move on, but she seems to have a fire in her. A five alarm fire.

"I wasn't damaging anything, so it shouldn't matter." I clench my jaw and stand up at my full height instead of leaning on my car. I stalk toward the woman and stand only a few inches away from her.

Because of my close proximity, she is forced to look up at me. She seems to be about a foot shorter than me and young. Maybe 20, because of the height difference and the broadness of my chest it makes me completely dominate her in size. Although, she doesn't seem to fear me.

She keeps eye contact.

"Please just stay out of this area. I have business that happens here and would hate for you to get mixed up in it."

Please. Please? I don't say please. I demand actions. Why the hell am I saying please to this random girl?

I watch as she has an internal battle. The fire in her doesn't want to back down, but there's something else fighting it. Taming it.

"I have somewhere to be anyway, but I appreciate you looking out for me." She looks into both of my eyes before turning on her heel and walking back to her car. She gets in and reverses, turns around, and drives down the road.

Whatever fought the fire had won, but it wouldn't be captured without a bit of sarcasm that I caught lingering in her voice.

The heaviness in the air lessened when she left although I never realized it became weighted. Almost as though when she was here there was no oxygen, no space.

She didn't seem to fear me. It looked as though she acknowledged the power I radiate, but did not care. Normally people would cower and shake, sometimes even faint, but there was a heat in her that seemed to have faced worse.

Handled bigger wrath's.

The more it seemed I was near her, the more I felt like taking her. Keeping her for myself, so no one else could see her, let alone touch her, and that was not something I do.

Not something I think about.