Chapter 26

Vera

Tonight is the night. The New Year's Eve party is in 45 minutes and we're all about to leave. Both Santiago and I's friends are coming.

Obviously Santiago's are, Mila isn't coming because she had to be at the hospital, but Jas is coming. I'm putting the finishing touches on my hair and dress. It's a silky, black, and absolutely beautiful dress. As I finish everything, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Santiago walks in with an all black suit on, just like the first time I met him

"Come in," Santiago walks in with an all black suit on, just like the first time I met him. His hair is neatly combed back and his thin stubble precisely trimmed.

God, he's handsome

God, he's handsome. As his eyes land on mine, he smiles a full, bright smile.

"Te ves absolutamente hermosa, mi todo." I smile as he takes my hand and places a kiss on it. (You look absolutely beautiful, my everything.)

"Gracias, te ves muy bonito." His smile gets bigger from hearing me speak Spanish. "Also, just wondering, why did your mom insist I wear black?" (Thank you, you look very handsome.)

"It's a tradition that the heads of each mafia wear black. The heads include family." I crease my eyebrows and shake my head.

"I can't wear this. I'm not a part of your family. I don't want to be rude." I go to walk to the closet with a few other dress options, but Santi spins me around and presses me to his chest.

"My mother personally invited you to wear black, but even if she didn't I would've told you to because you are mine and that's all that matters." He holds contact with my eyes and nods his head enticing me to nod as well. "Good, now I got you a gift."

"Santiago," I go to say I don't need it and that the car was already amazing. I didn't need anything else, but he shakes his head making the words die in my mouth.

"I don't want to hear it, now close your eyes." I pout before doing so anyway. After a few seconds I feel cold metal wrap around my neck.  "Open," I open my eyes and look in the mirror to see a gorgeous, diamond choker, each diamond being a rose. My heart fills as my fingers graze the choker.