Chapter 5

Santiago

I have never seen that woman before in my life and now I'm seeing her twice in one day. It seems like a really fucked up coincidence.

I had watched as she came down the stairs, with so much grace and confidence. As if she had made the walk thousands of times before and this time was no different.

I clenched my jaw at everyone staring at her, no one should be able to look at her but me. I wanted to gauge out every disgusting man's eyes, ogling her, like she's some piece of meat.

As though she could feel the burn of my stare she turned her head and caught my eyes with hers. Icy blue met dark brown, so dark I'm sure they seemed black. Clouded with a storm of a need for possession.

Cam said something and pointed at her, but I was too entranced with the sight of her skin, which looked to be as soft as silk. And the fullness of her lips, how they were a subtle pink, and how bad I wanted to kiss them.

Wait. What the fuck?

What the hell is wrong with me? Why the hell am I basically drooling over this girl's body? I fuck the occasional woman. I could fuck more but I don't. I'm not sex deprived, so why the hell do I feel the gut wrenching need to listen to this girl moan my name.

It's just lust. Don't get ahead of yourself. You're overthinking. It's not like you want her to bare her soul to you. You just want to fuck her. That's it. Get it together.

I turn my head away from her and look at Cam and Alex. Alex and Cameron are my best friends, though I would never willingly tell them that. They play a big role in the mafia and are basically my right hand men.

Cam is really a hacker, the best in America. He's a kid in my eyes, but the most loyal dude I've met. Alex is my top assassin. He gets on every nerve in my body, but he's a tough guy.

I would give my life for them, they're like my brothers, but sometimes I want to shoot them. Honestly if I don't threaten their life in every interaction it would be weird.

"Why did I need to see this again?" I question, looking between Cam and Alex.

"The girl I just pointed at is wicked. Fastest racer in the UG and broke Francis' nose." I furrow my brow at Cam and shake my head.

"Cam, stop saying UG, it's not going to catch on." Alex says, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Well, what am I supposed to call it? Underground and Underworld are too long, we shouldn't exactly be screaming from the rooftops Mafia, UG is short, sweet, and pretty accurate." I tune out their bickering knowing it'll go on for hours.

I put my attention back on the race that is about halfway done. My eyes thread through the cars looking for hers. I found her in the same car she had earlier. She is in first place and the way she's driving seems unbothered, relaxed.

I can't see inside her car but I imagine the determined look on her face.

I continue to watch her car thread in and out of the random obstacles laid out on the ground. It honestly looks quite uneventful. The whole race no one passes her. Like she has been doing this since she was born and has no problem beating these people.

As she nears the finish line the grid girl has the flag in the air, making sure to arch her back to show off her ass and tits, and once the car passes the line the grid girl drops the flag. Making the woman in the car the winner.

The bleachers erupt into cheers and curses from people who bet against her, which is their own fault. Who would win against her?

The loudest cheers are from the very back coming from a woman who looks Asian and a man who seems Mexican. They're even standing to applaud her, which she deserves.

I watch as she steps out of her car with a small smile on her face. She walks toward the people who arrange these races and shakes their hands. They give her a duffel bag and turn to the other players who got 2nd and 3rd place.

She walks to the bleachers where she descended from earlier and locks eyes with me again. Just like the last stare, my surroundings blur around me, all I see is her.

So consuming, beautiful, and fierce. That fire. That damn fire will be the death of me. And what a death it would be.