{ 2 }

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Chelsea Dagger -
The Fratellis
.ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı.
0:24 ─●──────── -3:35
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

I blast my music in my headphones, in my little personal headspace, working on my most recent assignment. My online university wasn't necessarily located in a specific place, due to its online status. That, of course, made it much easier for me to be able to travel around. An example of such, was that I moved to London two years prior to the present moment, and now I was travelling to New York.

I looked up as I heard a loud voice, removing one side of my headphones from my ears, so I could hear the announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have begun our descent into New York City. Please turn off all portable electronic devices and stow them until we have arrived at the gate. In preparation for landing in New York, be certain your seat back is straight up and your seat belt is fastened. Please secure your carry-on items, stow your tray table, and pass any remaining service items and unwanted reading materials to the flight attendants. Thank you."

I close my laptop, sliding it into its designated pocket in my backpack. I close my tray table and relax. I keep my headphones on, making sure to swallow every few minutes to adjust my ears to the declining altitude.

{ TIME SKIP }

I sit anxiously, waiting for my bag to come around on the belt, praying it hadn't been lost on the way to or from the plane.

A relieved breath escapes from my mouth as I see it coming toward me. I wrap my hand around the handle and lift it onto my baggage cart. I wheel it out, looking at the other people at the airport. I head toward the road where the Taxis drive past and stick my hand out, hailing it toward me. It parks and the driver looks at me, he had a strong American accent and asked where I was heading.

I tell him the address and hop into the car, first putting my bags in the boot.

{ TIME SKIP }

I looked up at the imposing building, praying that there was an elevator. I walk in, my backpack on the front of my body, and my suitcase following behind me, padlocked shut. I look around as I enter the apartment building, only to be met with a tall staircase. Just like the movies.

I groan, starting to lift my suitcase into my arms. Hell, it was heavy. I needed help with it, I wasn't a weight lifter in any way, shape, or form. I let out a deep exhale as I made it to the first floor. 8 to go. I looked up at the rest of the floors, feeling terrified. I was going to be dead before I made it all the way up there. Why did I have to choose a room on the top floor? Maybe because I hoped it had a view. This apartment better be worth the struggle.

By the 6th floor I was down, collapsed, I felt as though I was dying. I hear a voice, and see a figure standing in front of me, looking down at me, in my pathetic, dying state.

"God...Is that you?" I ask, looking up at the figure, my vision blurry from fatigue. My vision starts to sharpen properly, as the fatigue slowly wears off, as I realise it's some man just staring down at me, a concerned look spread across his face.

"You alright mate?" he asks, looking down at me, lying almost dead on the floor.

"Yeah man...just carried my suitcase and bag up 6 sets of stairs.." I say, looking back down at them, breathless. "I still have 'bout 2 stories to go.."

He looks between you and a door behind you. "You realise that's an elevator behind you right?" he says. I look at him flabbergasted and look behind me, just to see elevator buttons. I was pissed, but thankful I didn't have to go up two more stories on foot.

"oh.. thank you man." I respond. He turns around and starts walking toward the stairs.

"You're welcome lad, I'll be off now." he says, flinging himself onto the railing and sliding down, out of sight.

I press the elevator button, and wait.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

WRITER 2