{ 12 }

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

I look at my surroundings, it was definitely different from anything I had seen before. It looked like the comic book idea of Modern. The polar opposite to almost anything else in the city. I felt a little dizzy from all the swinging, but just waited it out, the nausea was gone almost instantly. I let out a sharp little exhale, adjusting myself to the surroundings.

Spiderpunk hands me a wrist band, not sure why. Although, lots of places did that for guests, after all, it was important to be able to identify them from, say, workers.

"Isn't it dangerous to have more than one Spiderman per universe or whatever? I mean, thats what the comics say. Like..that you can't have more than one at a time from each universe, or the previous one dies. I don't know what I'm on about..." I speak, becoming a some rambling mess. 

He chuckles.  "You've known me for 'ow long now, and you're already worried ay?" It was obvious that he had his grin back under his mask. I had no clue what he looked like really, but it didn't bother me. Why would it? He's a hero, he cant have people knowing his identity.

Well, as much as I call him a hero...he has now broken two of my windows by himself.

"Why me, of all people you could have chosen, you chose to let me take part in this experiment, why?" I ask, turning to him.

"I ain't got a Scooby Doo mate, you seem interesting." He crosses his arms as he walks, signalling for me to follow.

"So, if it works, and I become a second Spiderman...what happens then? As in, would I know your secret identity, as you know mine?" I say with curiosity, rushing a little to catch up with him and walk next to him.

"We'll see, 'pends if it works or not." He responds, turning around and looking backwards. "And if it doesn't, I may still do it. Who knows."

That bought me excitement. I wondered what he looked like...though maybe I already knew. He sounded a lot like that man who I mistook for God when I first arrived at the apartment block... though he could just sound very similar, his voice wasn't exactly the clearest due to his mask, but it definitely wasn't muffled either. That was for sure.

Maybe it was him...maybe it wasn't.

That wasn't to say I wasn't dead curious.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

I follow him into a room, it was full of random technology, nothing of such I recognised, other than a computer in the corner, a few...floating(?) monitors, and a few other items. It was definitely a tad shocking to say the least.

To be fair, I was just curious what would happen. How did a place like this, exist so secretly within this awful city? I was definitely curious. After all, everywhere I looked, there were at least 5 Spidermen, women..? Sure.

We enter a more secluded room.

"Wait here." Spiderpunk says, or well, that was what the news called him. Punk would probably be easier to remember.

I put up my headphones, waiting for him to do whatever he needed to do.

------ ♡ ------

Mamma Mia - ⤵
HUGEL, Amber Van Day
.ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı.
0:20 ─●──────── 2:02
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

------ ♡ ------

What on earth was going to happen... I never knew I could be both so curious, and terrified. After all, what if I ended up in a state like how that one Peter Parker did from that 'Marvel Ruins' comic? Then again, I could always end up like most other Spidermen, or Spider-women, as it was common that they just became superheros.

Although, unlike 'Marvel Ruins', and my case, all the other Spider people were bitten through pure chance most the time..

That..that made me nervous. But I had to have faith. Faith that 'Punk wouldn't willingly put a civilian in danger for fun, or anything. He also seemed genuinely curious.

I wonder...

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

AN:    - Writer 2

So sorry this chapter took longer to publish! Will try and make my chapter uploads faster xx

little advertisement, please go support my mamas friend on Instagram! @alexisgorgunauthor

she is releasing a book on the 25th of July, and it would mean the world to me if some of you were able to support her page, and book. <3

some of the tropes in her book include; found family, rom-com, celiac rep, horoscopes, and more.

please go support her!