{ 10 }

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

I froze. That.. that was the name of my best friend. Did they know each other? Or...maybe it was all just a coincidence. Surely. Surely just a coincidence. There was no way she would know a literal SUPERHERO and not tell me! After all, we told each other everything.

"I'm... I'm not going to screw over my best friend." I reply. She had been my best friend for years. Even though I had only known her in real life for, well, a little while. I had been friends with her for a very long time before hand.

I couldn't do it to her. I wasn't going to ruin her to save my own ass, after all, she would probably know it was me.

"I can't do it. I'd rather get hurt, then drag her down instead."

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

I watch as a smile spreads across the man's face. Or well, the man's mask. But you could just tell he had a grin spread across his face.

"𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚌." he speaks, putting his hand on his hip. "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎?"

I nod. Based on the fact the first person he suggested was my best friend, I understood the consequences of using someone else to save my ass. After all, if I wasn't willing to ruin my best friends life, what was the difference with a stranger.

Anyways, this man was kind of entertaining. It would be a shame to put an end to it.

"I'm sure." I reply, a sigh escaping my throat. I had made such a fuss over people knowing who I was, and assuming stuff about me, to the point I was almost willing to screw someone else over instead.

"What's the point of making you leave? I ain't got no one else in this godforsaken city to talk to. Even if I don't know who you actually are, you're entertaining." I admit. I was running off of exhaustion and a cup of tea from earlier that day, so I didn't really figure to put much thought into my words. After all, what was the point?

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

He laughs. "𝙸'𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚖, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚢." You could tell he had a smile behind his mask.

I hear my Alexa chime. "Valerie, by Mark Ronson. Ft: Amy Winehouse on Spotify."

------ ♡ ------

Valerie - ⤵
Mark Ronson, Amy Winehouse
.ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı.
0:43 ─●──────── -3:16
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

------ ♡ ------

I look at my Alexa, a confused look. Where the hell did she hear permission to start playing music? I look at the man. He looked as though he was holding back his laughter.

"ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʟᴇxᴀ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ ᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴍᴜꜱɪᴄ ᴏʀ ꜱᴜᴍ?" He asks, acting as though he didn't sound like he was about to erupt with laughter. Strong accent thing maybe. He sounded as though he was from the north. Specifically northern England. I couldn't be bothered to ask though... Oh well.

"Maybe man. Who knows." I respond, chuckling.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ───────── ✩ ───────── ⋅ ⋅ ───

OWNER TWO 😘