• CHAPTER 28 •

I walked out of the room to see Yuna sitting in the living room. She turned to see whose footsteps walking towards her. Right when she saw me, she smiled widely. She scanned me from head to toe.

"Good morning," she raised her eyebrows.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"I have a weird question, though." She turned to face me as I sit next to her on the couch. "isn't that the shirt Joe was wearing yesterday?" She pointed at the shirt I was wearing. I giggled.

"It's not what you think," I shake my head, "we were just laughing and joking and I just took his shirt."

She looked at me not believing me.

"We kissed though."

She chuckled. "Yeah, I know he told me."

I frowned. "He told you before leaving?" She nodded.

"I woke up and saw him sleeping on the couch. I asked him why and he told me that you both were sitting here and when you fell asleep he brought you to sleep in his bed." I nodded. "He also told me about Ace."

My heart skipped a beat. "What about him?"

She raised her eyebrow, challenging me. I gulped, understanding what she was talking about.

"I chose to give Joe a chance." I simply explained, looking away from her eyes.

"And Ace?"

"He's–" I didn't have words to explain what I was thinking, "complicated."

"Do you feel something for Joe or you're just trying?"

I looked back at her, "of course not. I do like Ace but I know I also like Joe. And Joe is way better for me than Ace. At least I know he likes me too," I played with the trim of the shirt.

She nodded.

"Tell me about your news, do you feel comfortable with Joe?" I asked.

"I think so," she shrugged, "I just–"

"You're scared."

She looked at me, not sure why I said that. But she didn't know that I knew what it feels like. I knew what it is to want to be close to someone whose lifestyle is dark and dangerous. I knew how she felt like because I feel it everyday.

Hours later, she tried to leave but I convince her to stay until Joe comes so he knows she will leave. When Joe came back at night, he was holding bags.

"I'm back, girls." He called.

"Hey Joe," Yuna yelled back and got up to see the bags. I smiled as he placed the bags on the kitchen counter then approached me. He placed a kiss on my forehead, sat next to me and gave me the warmest smile.

"How was your day?" He mumbled.

"Good," I smiled. He pushed my chin and kissed me then got up. He started to talk to Yuna about what food he bought as I stared at him, wondering what I wanted. He convinced her to cook us something and came back to sit next to me. He said something I didn't hear because the thoughts in my head were louder than his voice. Then he started kissing me and I let him. I wanted this. I wanted this happiness. I let my tongue taste his lips, feeling his breath get hitched. He moved closer and held my head in his two hands, kissing me carefully, harshly, begging for me. I kissed him harder, wanting to stop my thoughts but I was just getting more anxious.

"Do you want to go inside?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded.

He looked at me for a couple of seconds, waiting to see if I really wanted this or not. I smiled and got up. He took my hand in his and lead me in the room. He closed the door behind us and went to sit on the bed. He looked at me so I followed him. I sat on his lap with my legs on each side and started kissing him again.