• CHAPTER 32 •

"What– are you doing here?" My attention was flying between the two pairs of eyes standing in front of me.

Joe dug his hands in his pockets and looked away. Ace stepped closer to me. "I will come with you to your interview and after you're coming back home with me."

"No, I–"

"The only reason why I let you out is because you had Joe in the same house as you." His voice deepended, "You're not going to sleep alone at home."

"But you can send men with me, no?"

"I won't trust men with your safety," he breathed in, "now let's go. You're going to be late."

I raised my eyebrows but followed him. I stole a last look at Joe who was staring out of the window, his hands still in his pockets. My heart was breaking, not sure what to do for him. I knew he was hurting but I couldn't control my feelings. I wished I could.

The beginning of the drive was silent and awkward but then I started thinking about going back home with him with all the boys knowing the whole story.

"Ace?" I called him and he hummed. "I don't want to go back home with you."

"You will Talia, get over it." He ordered.

"I am going to be far from my job." I found an excuse. And it was true. The Frank House was out of nowhere, an hour or more from the office. I knew it would be so much easier if I stayed in Joe's apartment or my house.

"I still don't get how you leave your job with me to get a job with someone where you don't do much for that amount of money to work in a company."

"Exactly because of what you said. You gave me a job to get busy so I don't ask for a job."

"What else do you need from a job than to keep you busy?" He arrogantly said. I shook my head and stared out of the window, not wanting to get into something that will make us argue. I was stressed because I didn't know anything about the job other than it was something to do with marketing. I wasn't sure what was my role was going to be. Joe didn't have time to explain much to me. What was giving me a little bit of comfort was him telling me that they knew Rob. Ace parked in front of a huge building and my heart started beating faster than usual. I looked up at the name of the company. IMPACT. I sighed.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. Before I could move, Ace was standing next to me, giving me a warm smile.

"Don't stress. You're going to be fine."

I wanted to be happy for caring for me. I wanted to be excited that he knew how I felt without saying anything. But I stopped myself, knowing that all of his care would not lead us anywhere. I simply nodded and walked in the company.

I turned to walk away but he called me, "Talia," I looked back at him, "I will pick you up."

"