• CHAPTER 30 •

Ace

"Ace," Lily called.

"Lily," I mumbled.

    She was standing at the end of a dark alley and for some reason I couldn't step closer to her. I was held back in place. She was crying, calling me to help her. A man came from behind the wall and stood behind her, bringing her to her knees.

"Ace!" She screamed.

"Lily."

He looked straight at me and pointed a gun to her head.

"No!" I yelled when he pulled the trigger.

"Ace," she cried.

He shot and I screamed.

"Lily," I widened my eyes when I realized that I was fully asleep. I sighed and rubbed my face hating this nightmare that kept welcoming me every time I fell asleep. I looked around to find myself in my room, on my bed. I frowned and held my head from the headache that suddenly rushed in. I took a deep breath, remembering everything that happened the night before. I closed my eyes regretting everything. I looked around for her but couldn't find her. I looked in the whole house but she was gone and without asking, I knew where she went. She chose to leave. She chose to go back to him after the kissing, the hugging, the begging. She chose him.

I pushed the thought to the back of my head and went to get ready to meet Al. The boys were all busy distributing the SP that day so I was home alone until I went to meet Al. Throughout the whole day of making Al and his men move in, she was a thought that kept creeping in my head every now and then. Every time I shake my head and try to get distracted.

We walked in the house. The emptiness was filled with voices and chattering. Al scanned the house and Carmin stayed by my side.

"Thanks for the house that is just next door," she winked at me and I blinked and looked away. "Now, I'm closer to you," she whispered in my ear then walked away. I dug my hands in my pockets and waited for Al to come back.

"I like it." He nodded.

"I told you you will." I added.

"Let's see your house."

We stood in front of the gate as he scanned the house from outside.

"Your security boys are so weak, that's why Fox keeps getting in." He explained. "First thing, I want you to fire them, I will send you good men tonight." I nodded. "We still didn't discuss the price, Ace."

"I will give you what you want, Al. Whatever you think is a good price but the second anything happens to my stuff, whether it's my businesses or my house or my people, consider yourself and your people fired, and the house gets empty on the same day." I raised my index and he nodded.

"Don't worry, it won't happen." He started. "Brother, have faith in me, you didn't hear about Al Raven or what?"

I scoffed and nodded, wondering again about Talia.

"Come eat with us, I'm sure the women made food," Al said.