1

Oops, I started another one. 🤭

Of all nights for it to rain, it's tonight. Taeyong, along with his two closest friends have rented a beach house for the summer. He sits with a pout forming on his lips as he stares out the window toward the sea.
"We should rest anyway, tomorrow we can start our vacation right. For now let's play board games?" Yuta suggests to his pouty friend. He purses his lips and nods before turning from the window. Before he gets all the way around something catches his eye. He walks back to the window and stares out at the house that's just three doors down. He knows he saw a flicker of a person walking through it and it makes his heart jump in his chest, for unexplained reasons.
"Hey Yuta, remember Kim Doyoung?" Yuta smirks.
"The guy that loved you in high school?" Taeyong's cheeks go red.
"That isn't true. He didn't love me." He says softly as he stares at the dark house.
"Why do you ask? Is he at his place?" Yuta asks looking over his shoulder.
"What? No I, I don't know. I was just remembering that summer." Yuta hums.
"That was a good summer." Taeyong smiles with an airy chuckle.
"Yeah, good." He turns and goes to the table to see Taeil already waiting to play.

They are an unlikely friend group. Yuta was a jock in school and Taeyong was the pretty songwriter while Taeil showcased many talents. His brains being what brought them together. Yuta and Taeyong both were in need of some tutoring and the rest is history. Now as adults they are still very good friends and wanted to recreate some high school memories before Taeil's wedding. He is marrying a beautiful girl that he met at a party for his record label. He is a solo artist and has enjoyed many awards for his beautiful voice.
Yuta went on to act in a few movies and is working on starting his singing career as well. He is single right now and enjoying it immensely.
Taeyong is still a songwriter, enjoying the behind the scenes kind of work. He doesn't want the spotlight. He's sold few of his canvas paintings as well. He is also single and loving it.

As the night progresses Taeil is the first to head off to bed. Of course they tease him about being an old man then go to bed ten minutes later.
"I'll lock up." Taeyong says as Yuta cleans up the games.
He turns off all the lights except for the little one above the sink in case anyone gets up in the middle of the night. When he gets to the patio that looks out to the beach and ocean he stops to enjoy the view. It's still rainy and every now and then there is a streak of lightening, it's beautiful. As much as he'd love to be taking a midnight stroll on the beach, he still loves a good thunder storm.

He stares out until the light from three doors down catches his eye.
There in the dim light of the kitchen window stands a person. Who, he doesn't know but he has memories from that house that will never be erased.
He locks up and slowly walks to bed.
He falls asleep to images from a time in his life where he wasn't sure who he was, wasn't sure what he wanted. Images from a time when things were simple yet complicated all in one.

When morning comes the sky is clear and as it's always been he's the last one to bed and the first one awake. He lays in bed for just a little while trying to enjoy the view. He showers before going to cook some breakfast. He makes pancakes and eggs and slices some oranges. He eats his own breakfast slowly, hoping someone will wake soon but eventually he leaves the table alone. He writes a note and heads out for a walk on the beach.

The beach is drying out from the previous nights rain, but it's still pretty wet. He sees the end of a pier that leads to the water and decides to walk that instead. He walks slowly, enjoying the nice summer breeze, he gazes out beside him to the water as he walks. It's beautiful. The water is turquoise and mostly calm.
When he gets to the top he sees a man in a wheelchair staring out into the ocean.

"Oh, hi. Sorry if I'm bothering you." He says quietly. The man chuckles.
"Bothering? It's a public pier, even if you were bothering me I couldn't do shit about it." Taeyong chuckles.
"You have a point. Im Taeyong, I'm renting a cabin over there." He says pointing toward the beach.
"Im not interested." The man says in a bored tone.
"Ok, sorry, I guess I'll leave you to your contemplation then?" He kind of questions as he walks back a bit.
"You know if I jumped off here, I would drown pretty quickly." The man says, making Taeyong frown.
"Why would you think about that even?" He asks as he walks toward him again.
"I often think about my limitations, different things that could kill me or how easy it would be to just die. I wouldn't be a burden anymore." He shrugs as Taeyong is slack jawed.

"You are young and handsome and have a lot going for you and your family would be sad." The man chuckles.
"Are you hitting on me? You want a piece of this?" Taeyong smiles at his playful smirk.
"My boyfriends would probably have a problem with that." Taeyong gasps.
"Did you say boyfriends? I don't mess with cheaters." The man laughs.
"Not a cheater, I'm polyamorous and we are all three in a relationship. Sometimes though I get sad that I can't be like them and do everything they can you know?" Taeyong hums.
"I get that, but I bet they don't even see your limitations like you do. They probably see the things you can do and love you unconditionally, regardless." He smiles a genuine smile and turns his chair.
"They do. I should get back to them, they'll be waking up soon." Taeyong smile's.
"It was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you again?" The man nods and starts rolling away.
Taeyong notices that his upper body is very strong, he must have been in that chair for a while now.

He stands and watches the water in silence until he feels arms wrap around him from behind.
"Hey Yuta." He feels his arms tighten.
"Hey, thanks for breakfast. It was so good. I figured I'd come and find you because Taeil is FaceTiming with Joy." Taeyong smiles.
"Oh to be in love." Yuta laughs.
"It seems pretty over rated most of the time." Taeyong laughs.
"We just have to find the right one for us." Yuta pulls away and leans on the railing.
"It's too bad life can't be like in the fanfics where my mate will just appear one day and it's true love, just like that." Taeyong smacks his arm before grabbing it to hold as they walk toward the house.
"Let's go get Taeil and go to town. We need some supplies."