36

"Can you drive faster?" Doyoung rolls his eyes fondly.
"Where ever he was? He is safe now, he is going to be ok. If I kill us on the way, driving a hundred miles an hour, what good are we?" Renjun sighs.
"Sorry. I just want to see him for myself, to know that he is really ok." Jaemin pulls him into his chest.
"If he had to go to the hospital, he was hurt, but how bad? Why didn't Johnny tell us anything?" Taeyong rubs his face.
"Apparently he had to go after my two idiot friends, who thought it would be ok to leave in the middle of the night and they found him along the way. That's all I got out of him." It isn't that long of a ride really but Renjun thinks it will never end.

When they get there it is mayhem. Taeyong has to call Johnny for details because apparently everyone is being treated.
"Calm down. Yuta, Haechan and Joy are here in the triage center with Taeil and Jeno has a room on the second floor." Taeyong sighs.
"Is he really bad?" He asks softly. Jaemin, Renjun and Mark are paying close attention.
"He's worse off than the rest but he's ok. He had a lot of drugs in his system so they are watching him. He's basically sleeping it off."

"206." Taeyong says pointing to the elevator.
"I'll go check on everyone else first then head up." Mark, Jaemin and Renjun head up. They are all on the verge of losing it with as slow as this elevator is.

"He's here." Renjun whispers.
"He is. Let's go see him baby." They walk in slowly. Almost as if he were to wake up, he might disappear. They each go to one side of the bed while Mark waits by the door.
Touching his skin, kissing his face, running their fingers through his hair. He's really real and he's really there, lying in bed.
They whisper "I love you's" on his skin and cry happy tears before stepping back to let Mark have a minute. Renjun takes Jaemin in his arms and squeezes tight.
"I'm so glad to see him in one piece. All of the things that were going through my mind, all of the possibilities of what could have happened to him." Renjun whispers.
"I know baby. He's safe now."

After only a few minutes Johnny walks in.
"Hey, so I thought maybe you would want some answers?" They all three nod.
"All I know for now is that he was taken by one of Yuta's stalkers? They were brothers, they are both dead.  They had him on roofies the whole time, he was barely conscious because of this so we won't know what he remembers. When Joy is done being treated we will ask what she knows. She was taken too." All three are quite shocked at all of this news.

"Look, you guys. Things may or may not have happened to him. Things that will make him feel awful and just know, that he needs to know, none of it is his fault." Jaemin stares at the most interesting spot on the floor while Renjun nods while wiping his rapid tears.
"It's my fault. If I didn't suggest the carnival, if I didn't want to go in the Ferris wheel. What was I thinking." Johnny walks up and hugs him.
"The only people to blame are the scum who did this. I don't know why Jeno ended up being a target but we will figure it all out.
Blaming yourself will not make him feel any better either so please don't." Renjun nods.
"Thank you Johnny."

It is close to three AM when Jeno's eyes open. He doesn't know where he is, other than it's dimly lit and he feels like he's actually awake this time. He sees Mark sleeping on the couch and his two boys next to him. He sobs as he runs his fingers through both of their hair. Renjun is the first to wake up and stare in his eyes.
"Jen, oh my god, I was so worried." He hugs around his neck while Jeno clings to him.
"I didn't think I'd ever see you again, I-I thought I was going to die. I'm so sorry." Renjun shakes his head as Jaemin finally joins their hug.
"Oh, baby. I'm so happy to see your pretty face." Jaemin says making him chuckle through his tears.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He says softly.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. We have been so worried about you. We love you so much and we are just happy you came back to us.

"He, I , I..." Jaemin shushes him.
"We don't have to talk about any of this right now. Let us just hold you for tonight ok?" He nods and wipes his eyes.
"Are you hurt? Physically I mean?" He shakes his head no.
"Good." He crawls up into the bed, almost on top of him but he saves room for Renjun too. He pats the spot and both Renjun and Jeno giggle.
As soon as Renjun is in place Jeno feels at peace. He feels home.
"I love you, both of you, so much." He whispers as he starts to fall asleep again.

When Mark wakes up hours later it's to Jeno watching them sleep in his arms.
"Hey. How are you feeling?" He looks down at Mark and smiles.
"So much better now." Mark walks up and ruffles his hair.
"We were all so worried you know?" Jeno gives a sad smile.
"When they found your chair and phone on the end of the pier, I couldn't even describe the devastation. We all thought that you had died. All signs pointed to you falling in the water." Jeno looks up surprised. Mark shakes his head.
"It looks like they set it up to look like you were dead." Jeno looks distraught.
"They never stopped believing, never stopped looking. Renjun especially, he even ran onto the police boat to see if the body they pulled out was yours, he examined a nasty corps to make sure it wasn't you. Turns out it was a fisherman that drowned a few days before you went missing." Jeno is crying now.
"They called the police station every day to make sure they were still looking and to ask if there were any leads." Jeno looks fondly at them and strokes their cheeks with his thumbs.
"I didn't think I would live to see them again."
Mark kisses the top of his head. I love you." Jeno nods with his tears rapidly falling.
"I love you."

After wiping his face with a tissue he rubs his hands down his love's backs. To gently wake them.
"You guys, I have to pee." He says softly. They both wake with a start and try to get up quickly but he pulls them close.
"But you are warm." They hug him tightly and give him lots of kisses before standing. He wants to get up but he's still too weak so Jaemin hands him a portable urinal that the nurses gave him. He sighs, he hates these things, they've always felt undignified, but he's in a hospital and it's just what he has to do until he's stronger. They give him privacy but Renjun is quick to take it to dump and wash out.

"Thank you." He says quietly as Renjun walks out of the bathroom.
Renjun sighs and touches his cheek.
"I love you." He whispers.
"God, I love you so much." He says before hugging Jeno.
"I love you." He says before pulling out of the hug to kiss his lips.
"Jaem? Come here." He says as he sees him sitting on the couch with Mark, as if he was trying to stay out of their way. He stands and walks over with a small smile.
"I dreamt of you, both of you. You are the ones that kept me alive. There were times when I just wanted to die, but then I would have these sweet dreams. I'm so in love with the two of you, and I thank you for not giving up on me. For looking for me, for coming to me in my dreams. For making the unbearable just a little bearable." He pulls Jaemin into a sweet kiss.

There is a knock at the door and in walks Taeyong and Doyoung. Of course both in tears.
"I'm so sorry this happened." Doyoung says softly in his ear. Jeno just nods and tries to hold back from crying more. Taeyong comes up for his turn at a hug and it's all he can do to keep it together.
"I hated, thinking you could actually be gone. Remember what we said? We changed each others lives and we will never leave each others side, or something along those lines." He is sobbing now and so is everyone else.
"I was afraid that you weren't going to hold up your end of the deal."
Jeno opens his arms and hugs him.
"Thank you for staying alive." He says making Jeno chuckle.
"Thank you for taking care of them, I have no doubt that you and Doyoung kept them together." Taeyong pulls back and looks over at Renjun and Jaemin.
"I Can already see life in their eyes again." He smiles softly and rubs the top of his head.
"The police are almost done interviewing the others then they will be coming for you, are you ready to tell your side?" He purses his lips and nods.
"As I'll ever be."

They visit for another half hour before the police knock on his door.