41

One year later...

It's finally the big day. Joy and Taeil decided to put it on hold for a year and go back to the beach with all of their friends. They wanted to rewrite the story of this place. Take away the sad memories and replace them with happy ones. This time they decided to go all out and invite anyone they wanted.

Their families are here, she invited her best friends and of course their new formed family from the summer before.

She is getting her makeup done by her best friend Irene. Taeil has his best men by his side as he nervously paces inside Doyoung and Renjun's beach house.
Yes they decided to keep it because while that summer held significant trauma for them, it also brought them together.
New loves, friendships and bonds were formed that are unbreakable.

As she stands awaiting her cue, she sees the man she loves standing under the arch, she tries to hold back her tears but this is perfect.
Since her father died some years ago there is only one person she would have walk her down the isle. A man she formed a deep bond with that will never waiver. The soft music starts as she turns to him. He takes her hands and kisses her cheek before intertwining their arms.

The crowd stands in awe at her beauty and some at the sight of Jeno walking with her.
He worked hard for this. Months of retraining himself to walk just to get to this moment. His boyfriends are watching with pride knowing all the struggles he faced. As soon as she got word that the surgery was a success she asked him. It gave him motivation to work harder.

As they near the altar most are in tears, this is a big moment for both of them. Jeno turns to her and kisses her cheek once more before turning to Taeil and offering his hand. Of course Taeil pulls him in for a hug instead. He walks off to sit with his boyfriends who both hug him before he can even get to his seat.

The ceremony is perfect. The sunset creating the perfect backdrop as they say "I do".

As soon as it ends they light up the bonfires already in place and blast the music. What would a beach wedding be without a beach party after? Jeno is enjoying dancing with his men, he appreciates them for all they've done, all they've helped him with.
As much as he was determined to do everything on his own before, he finally allowed them to do more for him and as much as it helped him, they enjoyed every minute of it.
"You were amazing out there tonight." Jaemin says softly as they are slow dancing together while Renjun dances with the bride.
"Thank you. It felt good to be able to accomplish that." Jeno says with a sigh.
Renjun walks up and hugs his back.
"You really did such a good job." He smiles and spins to face him.
"Thank you."

It isn't long before Taeyong comes over and cuts in.
"Jen, I'm so happy for you. You are so amazing." He laughs.
"You are drunk already." Taeyong scoffs.
"Maybe a little but i still mean every word. I love you so much." He hugs him tightly.
"I love you too. But i think Doyoung would like to dance with you." He turns and looks at him with a sheepish smile. Doyoung just shakes his head.
"I just want one dance with my man before he passes out, i hope you don't mind?" He asks Jeno.
"By all means, take him away."

Taeyong melts into his embrace.
"Isn't this perfect. We should do this some day." He says quietly.
"It would be a dream come true to marry you." Doyoung says softly before kissing his lips.
"Really? You would actually want to marry me?" He asks. Doyoung stops dancing and looks into his eyes.
"Without a doubt."
Taeyong hugs his neck and spins a little too fast and loses his balance.
"I think it's bedtime for you princess." Taeyong scoffs.
"But I don't want to miss anything fun." He pouts.
"Come on, we can make our own fun." Taeyong giggles and follows him.

As Mark walks away from the drink table watching his cousin dancing the night away he smiles with pride. He is beyond happy for him.
He stops in his tracks when Haechan appears in front of him.
"Hi Mark. It was a beautiful ceremony huh?" Haechan asks awkwardly.
"Yeah, it was." He scratches the back of his neck and looks around.
"So, Jeno looks great, It's so good to see him walking." Mark smiles wide.
"Yeah, he's done so well." He sighs.
"So, your last album was amazing." Mark says trying to break the awkward atmosphere.
"Oh, you listened? Thank you." He says shyly.
"So, how have you been?" Mark asks softly.
"I'm good, I've been working on myself lately. I'm kind of a mess but I'm almost there." Mark nods with a smile.
"How about you?" Haechan asks.
"Oh, I've been doing good. I..." He is cut off by arms wrapping around him.
"Oh my god Mark your friends are so much fun. Thank you for bringing me." He gets a kiss on the cheek as they turn a dark shade of red.
"Uh, hey, Haechan, this is Jungwoo." He looks at Haechan who has an unreadable expression.
"Jungwoo, Haechan." Jungwoo gasps.
"Oh my, i didn't know my Marlie knew so many famous people. I love your work, you are amazing." Haechan smiles and thanks him softly as he watches him clinging to Mark asking him to go dance.
"I uh, guess I'm going to dance now. I'll talk to you later." He says as he's pulled away by an over excited Jungwoo.
He grabs a drink and chugs it, he knew the likelihood that he would wait for him after what he did was zero but he still hoped.