29

For Taeil and Joy the ride back to the house is painfully quiet. She doesn't know what else to say and he doesn't want to say too much. He's angry and hurt beyond anything words could say.
"Why?" He asks softly after putting the Jeep in park. She sighs and plays with her hair in nervousness.
"I'm not sure, he came over to talk to you once and you weren't there. He was upset so I comforted him. Then we kissed and then it just happened. Afterwards, I was going to be honest and tell you. I was hoping you would forgive me but then." She stops and cries a little more.
"He kept coming back, and I kept falling into bed with him and it kills me that I hurt you and there is no excuse for all my lies. I was scared, I still love you but, I'm confused." Taeil squeezes his eyes shut and pinches the bridge of his nose.
"I'll help you pack." He says as he exits the Jeep. She nods as the sobs leave her again.

He walks in and goes right to their bedroom. He pulls her bags down and and opens them on the bed. He grabs everything out of the closet and placed them in as neat as he possibly can. She goes and grabs her things from the bathroom and places them in a smaller bag. She can't make eye contact with him.

His face doesn't change at all. He helps to pack every last thing and walks her to the cab that's waiting in the driveway. She turns to him after everything is loaded and sighs.
"I'm so sorry Taeil. I really do love you and always will." He shakes his head and walks into the house.
"Goodbye." He whispers before breaking. He cries and yells before finding the liquor cabinet. He drinks like there is no tomorrow, no hangover awaiting him. Shot after shot of whiskey until he decides to just drink it from the bottle.

"I need to make a phone call, this isn't right. I have to call our friends. They need to go to him." Doyoung cries as he sits in handcuffs, the police not listening at all.
"You aren't under arrest so you don't get a call yet." Then let my hands free so I can call them." The officer frowns. Honestly he wouldn't be in cuffs had he not fought them. He really didn't want to leave Taeyong, they made him.
"Oh god, oh god, my Taeyong, please be ok? Please? I'll get to you when I can. Please?" He pleads to the universe.
He sits and repeats everything that happened for too many officers, one at a time.
"Can't you all just come in at once? Can't you just record me? He needs me, please?" He begs.

"Oh my god, where did he go?" Renjun cries on Jaemin's shoulder.
"Shh, it's ok baby. Maybe he just had to pee. We need to stay calm and look for him. Maybe we will find the others and they will help us look." Renjun nods but his tears are nonstop.
"Ok, ok. I'll call the others." He says and tries Doyoung first and gets no answer.
"Try Jeno's phone again. I'll call Taeyong." Renjun says as he tries, but again no answer.
"What the fuck? Jaem, no one is answering. I don't have anyone else's number." Jaemin shushes him again.
"Let's walk and keep calling. Someone is bound to answer."
They check the nearest bathrooms first and soon spot Johnny and Yuta walking towards them. Renjun bolts toward them as Jaemin tries to keep up.
"J-Jeno, he's missing. He was there and he said he would be there when we got done. He's gone, he's gone." Johnny frowns.
"Where are the others? Maybe they're together?" Jaemin shakes his head.
"We tried Taeyong and Doyoung, they aren't answering and we don't have anyone else's number."

Yuta immediately whips out his phone and and calls Taeil.
"His ringer is off. What the fuck is going on?" Renjun shakes his head.
"Something isn't right. I feel it, I'm so scared." Johnny purses his lips and puts his hand on his shoulder.
"Yuta and i will check the gates, parking lots and outer streets. You two keep looking in here. How long has he been gone now?" Johnny asks. Renjun looks at his watch and gasps.
"It's been, almost 45 minutes. This isn't like him, he wouldn't just leave." Johnny nods.
"I know, we'll find him. Just be positive, stay alert please, and be thorough with your searches. Don't just open the bathroom door and yell. Walk in, check every stall. If he's somewhere injured he might not be able to talk." He looks at Jaemin who is absorbing everything he is saying.
"Do not check anything alone. Always stay together." Jaemin nods.
"Thank you." He says softly as he pulls Renjun back.
"Wait! Give me your numbers please?" Renjun asks.

After the exchange of numbers they walk off. They head toward the games as they've already searched the ride area. Both continue to call his number and even Taeyong and Doyoung's phone.
Their hands never separate as they check anywhere he could be hidden, in or out of sight.
"I hope he's ok. I love him so much." Jaemin says softly in the doorway of another bathroom. Renjun hugs his neck and kisses his cheek.
"Me too. I love you Jaemin, we Can do this, we Can be strong."
They walk around for another hour. Checking and rechecking. They've been in contact with Johnny and Yuta and they are almost done checking the parking lot. Johnny has shined a light into every car. He is determined to be through.

When Renjun's phone lights up and rings loudly in his hand he answers without even looking. His heart is hoping to hear Jeno's voice on the other side.
"Go to the hospital p-please? Taeyong's been hurt, he was stabbed and I'm being accused. They won't let me see him." Renjun gasps.
"Doyoung? What happened?" Doyoung whimpers on the other end.
"I don't have time to explain now, please just go to him?" He hums and agrees. He quickly calls Yuta after seeing flashbacks of them cuddling on the couch. He knows they are close.

"Taeyong's been stabbed. Doyoung has been arrested and you need to go to him. Doyoung is so worried and they won't let him go."

Yuta practically drops his phone.
"What's wrong Yu?" Johnny asks softly, seeing his face pale in the street lights.
"Taeyong's been stabbed, Doyoung is in police custody and it's all my fault." He says distraught.
Johnny takes Yuta's hand and guides him toward the edge of the parking lot while calling for a cab. Doyoung has the keys to the SUV so that isn't even an option.
"None of this is your fault." He quickly calls Renjun to tell him they are going.

"Jaemin." Renjun whispers brokenly as he's rooted to the ground.
"What baby?" He asks, still looking around, still hoping Jeno will just roll up and say boo so they can slap him for scaring them then kiss his sweet face.
"It's all my fault. We never should have come here, we never should have went on the Ferris wheel and left him alone. These are all things I wanted, all things I caused." He breaks down and Jaemin can't do anything but hold him.

In the end Jaemin calls the police and even though they don't usually search for people who haven't been missing for 24 hours, they could hear the desperate pleas and actually decide to help. They already have some people there looking for evidence in the stabbing anyway and on the chance this could be related, their could be another stabbing victim out there.

Jaemin and Renjun decide to head home to check, hoping and praying he will be there.