37

⚠️ some talk of sexual assault.

"Hey." Taeil says as he sits by the bed Joy is laying on. She cries and looks the other way.
"Are you ok? I mean other than the obvious. Do you want to talk about it?" She frowns and looks at him.
"Stop being nice to me. You feel guilt, that after you dropped me off, they took me?" He frowns and shakes his head no.
"For what it's worth, I genuinely care for you, even if you cheated. You broke me, I won't lie, but you were a significant part of my life, I still hold love for you." She screams, a blood curdling scream that makes him jump.
"STOP, STOP DOING THAT!" She breathes a few deep breaths before she continues. Even after screaming like that, he wouldn't leave her side.

"I love you Taeil. I never stopped and never will. But why? After I broke you the way I did, can you sit here and say these things?" He gives a sad smile.
"Love, it doesn't go away that fast. No matter how mad, sad or betrayed a person feels. It's still there." She wipes at her eyes and plays with the blanket. As the cops come over to her bedside.
"We need to ask you a few things." She nods.
"Do you want him to leave?" The one asks.
"It's up to him." She says emotionless. Taeil grabs her hands and plays with her fingers.
"I'm not leaving."

"I was in town the day before we went to the carnival. I was with Taeil and i had walked across the street to a woman's clothing boutique while he was in the record store.
Winwin was there. He made eye contact and we all know who he is and I don't know why we didn't suspect him? But as soon as I seen his face I knew he was the stalker. He decided to use me." She takes a few calming breaths.

"He cornered me by the changing room, he pulled my hair so hard I thought it was going to rip out of my head. I tried to fight it but I couldn't get away. He told me to break my fiancé's heart. He somehow new we were going to the carnival. He told me to do it there and if I didn't make it convincing enough, he would kill Taeil." She still can't look at him.
"He told me exactly what to say and in exchange he wasn't going to hurt any of my friends. He said to make sure I got Haechan to come to the wedding. He swore he only wanted to talk to him, he said they were friends.
I called him before I even left the store, he was right there watching. Haechan agreed to be on the first flight out.
He told me if I let on that I talked to him, or that he was in town, he would kill my Taeil." She breaks down into a sob.

"That's enough for now, can't we give her a break?" Taeil asks concerned.
"No, I want to get it over with." She squeezes Taeil's hand that hasn't left her the whole time.
"After I said those things to Taeil, we broke up and he helped me pack my things and took me to a hotel.  Winwin was there, I don't know how he knew when I'd be there but he knew. He made me go with him to that warehouse. He threw me to the ground and kicked me a few times before he tied me up." She takes a few deep breaths.
"Whenever I spoke against them or asked questions he would usually hit me." The investigator hums as he listens.
"You say he hit me, he tied me up? There were two, did the other ever hurt you?" She shakes her head no as new tears stream down her face.

"He was busy with the boy. I had been forced to take a nap, with drugs. When I woke up he was raping him. I didn't know who it was or I would have fought harder. I didn't know they had sweet Jeno. I would have tried harder to get away, I was too scared that if I fought against them too hard, then I would have been next. I'm so selfish, so fucking selfish. He needed me. He was so helpless and I was too selfish." She keeps repeating this over and over, almost in a catatonic state so Taeil asks him to leave for a while.

He kisses her face, her hands, her lips, then her forehead, he keeps going until she finally stops and focuses on Taeil. She finally sobs and grabs his neck, pulling him as close as she can, she finally allows herself to feel his love and care again.

"Baby listen, you were forced into an awful situation and you were so brave for fighting. I heard you fighting. You did so well. And I love you, I'm so sorry I didn't see through your lie, I was just so hurt and."
She puts her finger on his lips.
"You had no choice but to believe me." He kisses he lips.
"Is it too soon to ask if you will take me back?" He asks  with a soft smile. She laughs through her tears and nods yes.
"I think I should be on my knees for you." She says with a chuckle.
"You're my hero, my love." He says sweetly. She accepts another kiss to the lips.
"I love you Moon Taeil."

"Hello, Lee Jeno? I'm officer Kim and I am just here to get your side of the story. We are just trying to piece things together, you, in no way are in any trouble, this is only a survivor statement."
Hearing that word as he looks as his lovers who have sat beside him the whole time, makes his heart swell. He is a survivor, he has earned that title.

"I don't have much, the details are all fuzzy but I'll do my best." He says feeling his hands get squeezed by his love's.
"Start from when they took you and just continue as long as you can." He nods and sighs.

"I was at the carnival watching my love's enjoy the Ferris wheel, it was nice. I was in a decently crowded place as we were all on edge because of the stalker. I seen him. I had no idea who he was other than he was the same man that pushed my wheelchair to the door after I was beaten up by someone else. This happened a few weeks ago." He adds so they didn't get confused.
Renjun and Jaemin both gasp when they hear it.

"He waved and I thought he was an ally. He seemed nice enough and I figured he was harmless since he helped me before so I went up to talk to him. He said he was looking for his wallet, that it fell out of his pocket and he couldn't find it. So I went around the corner and everything went black. I'm assuming he drugged me somehow but I don't know.
When I woke up it was black, I could hear muffled voices but they never sounded normal. Sometimes he would take the blindfold off and I still couldn't see well." He starts to cry, he doesn't even realize he is until Jaemin wipes his eyes and kisses his cheek. He smiles softly.

"I, know that he did things to me, I know he kept me drugged to do this." He gasps.
"Th-there was this girl? What happened to her? I know she tried to help me and he hu-hurt her." His body tenses as he panics remembering he wasn't alone. Renjun grabs his arm and squeezes, his own tears are non stop.
"She's ok, she's ok." He says softly. Jeno relaxes and the officer clears his throat.
"I'm sorry to bring this up and if you want privacy then?" He gestures to the others in the room. Jeno shakes his head no.
"They need to know any way." He laces his fingers with theirs and closes his eyes.
"Ok, so the things he did, the sexual assault." Renjun gasps as both squeeze his hands.
"Do you remember any details? Did he put a condom on? Do you know how many times?" Jeno cries, he has to pull his hands away to wipe at his eyes.
"I don't know. Sometimes I woke up in the middle, of it. M-my hands were tied, I couldn't fight back. I'm sorry." Jaemin pulls him into his chest.
"Baby no, you did nothing wrong." He kisses his lips softly.
Everyone in the room can feel his immense pain.

"I don't know if he used protection or not, I hope so."
The officer nods.
"They are running tests for STD's." He nods, not able to speak, the thought of it disgusts him.

"I'll leave you now, thank you." The officer stands and holds his hand out to shake. As soon as he walks away his boyfriends climb in bed and hold him tight. Mark excuses himself, he knows they need some time.

"What happened there, is only the fault of those monsters." Jaemin says softly.
"There were two? I'm so confused, does that mean they both assaulted me?" He asks horrified. Renjun shakes his head.
"I'm not too sure but I don't think so." Jeno wipes at his eyes.
"I need to know, I hate this." Renjun shushes him.
"Johnny and Taeil were the ones that rescued you, I'll call and see if they can come and talk to you now?" He asks softly. Jeno nods quickly.
"Please? I'm just so tired of not knowing." He says, tiredly.
"Babe, why don't you take a nap and I'll have Johnny here when you wake." He frowns but agrees when he feels a yawn forming.

"Love you baby, forever and ever." Jaemin says softly. Jeno smiles as Renjun kisses his cheek.
"I love you, always." Jeno puckers his lips and they take turns kissing him.
"Thank you." He whispers.
"I love you too."