C H A P T E R 1 3

6 Years Later

6 Years Later

The smoke danced around the room as they both sat in silence. It was so thick you could cut it with a knife, a dangerous silence. The sound of the pulling of the blunt and blowing of the smoke could be heard. Zoo did this over and over, easing his mind. His body faced forward as he was lost in his thoughts and fucked up about his actions. He swiped his hands over his face before letting his head fall back in defeat. A pass of air blew from his mouth before he spoke.

"I'm sorry, I ain't mean to do that shit to you," He said with his Baton Rouge accent seeping through. When he didn't hear a response he turned on the bed, body still nude from the sexual escapade he had just been on. He could feel his temple throbbing and anger building from her non-verbal communication. Scotlynd still didn't respond but sat tucked and distraught in the corner with her hair wild over the place. Her hair wasn't a result of the sex. No, it was from the Zoo's large hand slapping her in each direction. Scotlynd was stuck in fear as the blood trickled from her nose and busted lip making a small puddle on her leg.

"I got to get away from this nigga, before he kills me." She thought as her body shook uncontrollably.

"Scotlynd, Love..." He moved towards her but she pressed harder to the wall. She wished it could turn into a door so she could run, but that wasn't possible as the only door sat closest to him. She knew just like he did that he wasn't about to just let her leave.

"I'm sorry," he whispered lowly, moving her wild hair that had now begun to curl up from the heat and sweat. Even his hands were cold as he stroked her face almost like the soul he possessed.

"I'm... I'm fine Zoo. I just need to go, I have a final in the morning." Scotlynd said in a begging tone. She wanted out of his prison and the strong grip on her life. She would do anything to turn back the hands of time, but it wasn't possible. Scotlynd was living in the present and fighting through the pain.

Zoo watched closely with his arm crossed, and nose occasionally flaring. The thought of her leaving was about to put him in a fit of rage, the holes plastered throughout the home were evidence of that. The towel he had resting in his other hand, filled with his bodily fluids flung from his hands to her face, slapping her. Scotlynd's eyes bucked open and her mouth slightly agape. She could feel his seeds mixing with the already bloody mess on his face. She was disgusted. He treated her like trash on the street, but he wouldn't dare let someone come pick it up.

"Yea? Say, get the fuck on den, stupid bitch!." He said back to her. Zoo was disrespectful down to the word, he always was like this and just because he loved Scotlynd didn't mean he could just change himself. Life hadn't been kind to him, so he thought to hell with kindness to anyone else. If Scotlynd knew as he did, she had better have fallen in line.

"I got buku bitches I can call, grab yo shit," he boomed. Scotlynd didn't need to hear another word as she bent and grabbed her clothes and rushed into the bathroom to get cleaned up. Zoo would her hostage some days, not even letting her go to her classes or clinics. She could hear him laughing from behind at her eagerness to get away. In his maniacal mind, there was only one reason, a nigga.