C H A P T E R 1 9

"Fuck," Julz slammed his fist down in frustration before rubbing his hands through his dreads

"Fuck," Julz slammed his fist down in frustration before rubbing his hands through his dreads. All he could picture was Tessa's dreaded face, and the little voice in the back of his head telling him to turn around. Julz was talking himself up saying how he and Syrai were like family. However, he truly in a cocky sense, in a juvenile way missed her yearning for him. He was a man who indulged in plenty of women, maybe mommy and daddy issues or lack thereof. Honestly, he was a man who thought it was in their nature to be fruitful. In the spare of the moment, Julz couldn't recognize that he was the burden of his pain, the one inflicting every wrongdoing. Just like now, as his Rolls Royce rode down the city streets he still didn't listen to that burning tick in his heart.

The music was loud as cars circled, while some were burning rubber in the middle. Julz's nose crinkled as he could smell the weed and all the other unpleasantries. Tucking his gun in the front on his waistband he fixed his shirt before making his move. It was useless of him to call her, she was a drunk mess. It would have been smarter for him to have one of her brothers come get her, but her crying and begging on his phone for him not to do that, prompted this moment. "Please, Ju–lz please come get me... Don't send my brother–sss."

"Fuck am I doing?" This was the question that was ringing through his head as pushed through the crowd. Keeping his hand tightly on his gun, catching a couple of unfamiliar looks from those straggling around.

"Nigga watch out," Julz said with a push as the man bumped into him and nearly knocked him over. He was caught off guard when he saw a drunk Syrai barely standing completely out of it. His face was slowly changing to a frown when he saw her clothing disturbed and the red rising marks on her skin. His nose was twitching when he still saw the man trying to move his hands to her pants. It was like a natural reaction when he snatch his gun and pressed it firmly into his head. Gun no doubt leaving an indent.

"Syrai," he called out as she slightly groaned with her eyes closed. Reaching over with his free hand he snatched her from the man's grip, shaking her a little to get her to stand. Julz's eyes traveled as he looked at the females she typically hung within their world not giving a damn about their friend. When he saw Amira smirking he almost wanted to send hot lead through her.

"Julz you need to chill on my bitch she's grown. You ain't even her nigga! Tobi ain't did nothing to her. You think I'm that type of friend?" Amira asked with her hands on her hips. She licked her lips looking him over. A cocky scoff left Julz's mouth as he lowered his gun. He watched her eyes travel to his pants mid-section mesmerized with what she wanted so bad.

"Ma, that ain't something you'll ever get a chance to taste." Julz was for sure a ladies' man, he had been with plenty of women, but Amira screamed opportunist and set up. He had enough karma coming his way, he didn't need it to start now. Just in that moment he threw Syrai over his shoulder and walked her to the car, careful to make sure she was covered. Which was damn near impossible as her clothing was barely existing.