C H A P T E R 2 2

Sleep hadn't come easy these past weeks

Sleep hadn't come easy these past weeks. Peace didn't know Scotlynd or her mind. So now as she lay, her body tossed and turned. She was disturbed. Even in sleep, she was wide awake as her body would not let her rest. Stirring at any indiscretion. Her chest began to rise and fall at a quicker pace. A body was hovering over her. Their breath could be felt trickling her skin, but in her mind, she prayed it was all a sickly vivid dream."Scandalous bitch." Scotlynd shifted her body as she tried to faux her sleep. However, when she felt the hand wrapped around her neck her eyes shot open. Almost burning at the sight before her. Death. As she struggled to breathe clawing at his hands he laughed. She was weak, just like when he found her. He was willing to build her up and make her the woman of his world. He planned to give her all the riches he had to offer if she played her cards right. But she betrayed him. And betrayal was answered by death. He was death, her karma, her deadly destiny.

"Bitch, you thought could just fucking leave me?!" Zoo's sinister voice rang through the night as his lips grazed her ear. Scotlynd's stomach dropped as she lay in the bed paralyzed. He removed his hand and just glared. She wanted to scream but the gun he had running against her thigh kept her mute. Muffled breaths as his hand began traveling up her other leg. Scotlynd wanted to scream, to fight but all she could think about was Tessa who lay asleep next to her, her Maw Maw down the hall, her Uncle and Aunt. So she laid.

"You been fucking around on me, been letting a nigga touch what belongs to me." Zoo was examining her body as if she was a body at the morgue. Her face was hot with tears as he barged between her legs with his hands. Even now he was violating her as he examined her as if he was her gynecologist. She was simply just a body in his twisted world. She didn't question how he got in here, he had his ways. He always promised her that he would find her. There wasn't a place she could go that he couldn't get to her. "Say, love, a nigga been tryna wrap his head around this," he said pacing. "Should I... Should I blow yo shit or get yo ass back in line." He said with a grip of a fist. Scotlynd clenched her eyes shut as her tears began to roll. "God please," she shakily cried to herself.

"Sevyn right, you fucking with some nigga named Sevyn? That nigga good as de—."

"Zoo... Zolain, please. I'm sorry I'm so-," Scotlynd head shot back as he sent his fist in her mouth bloodying it up instantly "Bitch, Ion want yo fucking apology," he raged in a whisper taking the spit from the back of his throat, and introducing it to her face. Zoo began to travel his eyes over the room and finally took sight of Tessa before he smiled big.

"This that big-mouth bitch from the phone, huh?" he asked, raising his gun toward her. Scotlynd's eyes rolled in a 360 at the sight of his cocked gun on her pregnant cousin. "Say, I'll blow this bitch shit back right now, if you don't get up and walk to the fucking car. I promise if you breathe the wrong way I'm killing everybody in this motherfucka."

"Zolian, please," she cried slightly, feeling urine trickle down her leg at the gun being pointed at her. Kneeling on one knee he looked directly in her eye as for a moment of honesty. He fed off the fear he had over her body, it was more beautiful to him than seeing her orgasm. "You love a nigga," he asked unsure. Scotlynd looked at him with her lips pressed tightly together. He could see the fear in her body as she positioned herself in the bed trying to separate the two.