C H A P T E R 2 9

Sevyn had been moving on shells

Sevyn had been moving on shells. Not knowing what to say, what to do. He didn't want to scare her away. But he was a far cry from the basketball player she had fallen in love with. He had blood on his hands, so much blood that his peanut butter complexion was covered. He had transcended into the man that Maxwell knew he could be. Him. People may have said they looked so much alike it was scary, but he never wanted to be his father. He damn sure didn't want to go out like him. However, this damning eerie feeling was hanging over him. It was in his gut so much that he couldn't simply ignore it.

Following the smell of bacon he smiled seeing Scotlynd there standing in his t-shirt making his food. She was a wife, he loved the ring to it. Resting his face in the croak of her neck, he pulled her closer. It didn't matter they just took a shower together. He could breathe her and never get tired. He was rejoiceful that she chose him, that she chose them. If she would have walked out, he knew that he wouldn't be responsible for the man he would have become.

"I hope you don't burn the bacon like the last time," he laughed smacking her ass. Scotlynd turned around spatula in hand and swatted it at him. She was still learning to move around him. Some nights she was scared, some nights she relaxed. But she just never could forget. So many questions ran through her head, she wanted to understand him. Understand how he could take life when it was so precious. It all scared her because she never knew when that karma would come back to grasp him.

"Sevyn stop playing with me. You know I cook good," she smiled.

"Yeah a lot of seasoning with a side of burnt," he joked as he pulled the orange juice from the refrigerator. "You ain't go to eat my food," she called his way. He smirked because even at the most peculiar of times the nastiest of shit ran through his head. He couldn't get enough of her. "I can eat you though," he said with a flick of his tongue.

"Ewww, you are so damn nasty," she giggled. She felt tense at his surprising touch and she tried to stop, shake it off like it never happened. It hurt him though. There was never a day that he wanted her to be scared of him. But the day had come and he was paying the price. Moving his hand over his nose, he stepped back. "I got to make a couple of runs, but I got a driver taking you a couple of places. Tessa and Khavi will be picked up on the way." Sevyn still wouldn't let anyone know where he lived. Even his siblings hadn't been in this custom gated community house. It was only fitting for Scotlynd to bless these walls because it was built for her. Design straight from her lips.

"When we grown, what type of house do you want," Sevyn asked locking his fingers with hers. It was a dark starry night at the farm. It was only fitting that she dreamed big.

"As long as I'm with you, I'm fine," she smiled. Sevyn turned to look at her beautiful face. Of all the girls he had met, she was for sure the most beautiful. The only one that made his heart jump like this. He shook his head. "You always gon be with me but tell me your dream house. One day, I'm a get it for you."