C H A P T E R 2 6

Late nights, early mornings

Late nights, early mornings. Scotlynd strained body staggered in, shoes falling to the floor as she craved her bed, a glass of wine, and a foot rub. Work was work, but she was passionate about all she did. Her hands had aided in saving lives when in the past she felt like they were the same reason why so many fell apart. She was full, her heart felt that for once she was moving toward her destiny. Removing her jacket she sighed before rolling her stiff neck. The last 2 months had passed so fast and here she was a Michigan native again. In those months she had had an epiphany. She wasn't going to keep leaving her life in fear, second-guessing the what if's. She was ready to put her foot full force on the pedal, she was ready to live.

Scotlynd raised her arm stretching before jumping back as the paws scurried across her feet. Tail wagging happily, Blaze wanted all her attention. She found herself connected to the dog as if it was her baby, just as she did his owner. Her Hands infiltrated his silky fur and rubbed him. "Hey Blaze baby," she cooed. Blaze's tongue dropped as he began to roll over so she could get a clear view of his belly. Reaching down she stoked his stomach, showing him the attention that he desperately wanted. Scotlynd had gotten comfortable in this house, with the people who lived there. She had made it her home, even when people were trying their hardest to tear the walls down.

"Damn, that little nigga getting better treatment than me." Hearing the feet steps she looked up seeing a chiseled feature of art covered in sweat. Scotlynd eyes traveled over his body, eyes glued to the bulge she saw hanging freely. Damn, she was horny. Her job had been so demanding since she started she hadn't been able to even get a taste of Sevyn. Even more so because she practically had a lock pad on her panties, practicing celibacy. Her face reddened when she saw him smirking at her wandering eyes. "What you looking at Scottie," he asked with a cocky step. "Starting at a nigga like I'm a piece of meat."

She fanned him off, laughing as she took to the stairs. "Sevyn ain't nobody looking at you."

If someone would have asked her a year ago, would she have been here? In this home with Sevyn Watson, she would have laughed in their face. Life had a funny way of playing out. The love they shared was indescribable beyond words. Sevyn would climb to the pits of hell for her and she would be right by his side. Their love was scary, it was deadly in every sense of the word. It was like each of them harbored the right and left sides of a set of lungs. They breathed the same motion because with any disruption life became shaky. Painful.

The once masculine room held such a feminine presence. Clothing, panties, and shoes, all scattered through. Scotlynd tried to keep tidy but her job was running her raggedy. Scotlynd barely had time to breathe as she was scheduled doubles throughout the week. She also discontinued any motion of a maid, nobody needed to touch her stuff but her. As she bent to pick up her mess she felt Sevyn pressing into her from behind. A gasp left her mouth as tried to put space between the two.

"Stop playing, I told you I'm a born-again virgin." She turned around his push his bare chest, laughing at his childish reaction.

Sevyn's head dropped in frustration, Scotlynd wasn't budging on this no-sex stance. He was suffering from severe blue balls. 2 months of him jacking himself off in the shower wasn't cutting it. Scotlynd watched Sevyn pout like a little boy, but she wasn't withering she wanted intimacy without their bodies. She wanted to explore his mind, to become him. Sex was one way but words were another. Seeing his face Scotlynd dropped the pants on the bed and wrapped her arms around his neck. Her lips pressed against his as her heavy eyes closed. Sevyn fingers gripped the waist of her scrubs trying to get them down. Scotlynd laughed on his lips before swatting his hand. "Stop, Sevyn," she moaned. He was slick as he slipped his hands up and down the front of her pants. Creating friction like no other. Scotlynd could feel the moisture invading her legs as she almost couldn't contain herself.