C H A P T E R 2 0

The smooth peanut butter seats warmed their bodies as they sat, staring into each other's eyes like adolescents

The smooth peanut butter seats warmed their bodies as they sat, staring into each other's eyes like adolescents. Sevyn and Scotlynd had found the road that led them back to each other. It was such a beautiful portrait, a love that was almost too good to be true. The ones that were made in fairytales. Scotlynd stared so deeply into his hazel orbs. Hands lightly touching each other, but a piece of fire trickled in the back of her throat. Were they too good to be true?

"I'm serious," he paused, kissing each of her hands. "About what I said, Scotlynd. Without you ma, I was just alive. No corny shit, having you back these last couple of weeks, a nigga fell like I'm finally living." Scotlynd couldn't contain the smile on her face. Here and now she was in a place of familiarity that wrapped her in warmth. Leaning over the armrest she grabbed his face, she didn't want to kiss him no, she wanted to make sure this moment was real. Sex was one thing, it had always been good. However, she craved a different type of intimacy from Sevyn and here he was offering it to her on a silver platter.

"What about Desi?" she asked.

Sevyn groaned before matching her gaze, almost making her want to pull back. "What about her? She has never been my bitch. Just something I used to fuck from time to time." He fixed his body to make sure he was facing her. Maxwell always preached eye contact, if you want somebody to listen, to really understand you, look them in the eye. "I'ma marry yo ass one day... Soon. Have you pushing out some pretty babies for me. About 5 of them bad motherfuckas," he said seriously as Scotlynd almost fell out.

"Boy I am not having no damn 5 kids," she said with a smile and slapped his chest. Her not completely denying his request made him smile even more.

"But you'll have a couple of my shorties huh?" Sevyn leaned over running his hand up her thighs that had his large basketball shorts covering them. Easy access for him. "You so nasty Sevyn," Scotlynd giggled before grabbing his hands that tried to progress into her forbidden area.

Scotlynd sighed before looking back at him. "Sevyn, as much as I want to jump head first into this, I need a reality check. I just got out of a bad relationship with Zo-."

"That nigga was a placeholder. Let this be the last time you bring him or that situation up," he sternly spoke. Sevyn could feel his jaw throbbing at the thought of Scotlynd being with anyone other than him. He was a prideful, headstrong man. "You want to take it slow for you to heal, fine. I understand that. But if I even think for a second it's because of that nigga, I'll-" Sevyn had to stop himself, Scotlynd didn't know how dark he could get. And over the years he made it to some very dark places. Murder rates had increased based on his hands and his calls. It wasn't something he prided himself in, but it was a dog-eat-dog world, and Sevyn would always come out on top.

"Just forget I brought it up okay," she rushed, giving him a small forced smile. How could Scotlynd forget how hard it was to talk to Sevyn sometimes, even in his grown man body all she could picture was a younger him. Hardheaded and headstrong. She didn't know if she wanted to say more or fear him blowing up at her, but her phone gave her another option.