Chapter 13

Vivienne 

She's been oddly nice to me, it's creeping me out. It's been a few days since I helped her finish the piece she was writing and since then she's been nothing but a sweetheart. Letting me go wherever I want and eat whatever I desire, of course, Eliza had to be up my ass the whole time but I wasn't complaining, a single glare from Margaret and she gets back in line.

I was helping Margaret and the other girls clean because I hated sitting and watching them do everything for me. My arm hurt less with whatever Lilith had me drink every night before I sleep. I could move it a tiny bit and that's it, I don't wanna make a wrong movement and worsen my case. 

I didn't want to wear my hearing aids. I haven't been wearing them for the past few days, I wanted to save what's left of their battery for later. I don't know when though or for what event. I was scrubbing the floor with my left hand trying to get this stain off when I saw a shadow hover over me. Well, it is a woman because she was wearing a dress. My eyes made their way up slowly until they reached the owner of this gorgeous body.

"Hi," I said sheepishly, did I also mention that her being too nice to me made me avoid her? No? Well now you know, and I was in trouble because she looked upset. My hair was up in a bun because it was starting to get too long, and I think she saw that I wasn't wearing my hearing aids so she gestured for me to get up. 

I wiped my hand on my pants and smiled at her, pretending that I wasn't avoiding her for the past few days. The truth is, she makes me nervous, she's intimidatingly pretty, she's tall and she has a nice voice. I will most certainly fold.

I could tell she wanted to say something but knew she couldn't because she spoke too fast for me to read her lips. She was frustrated and I enjoyed it. She suddenly wrapped her hand around my wrist and dragged me away from the other girls, I was about to wave at Margaret but soon regret it because I did it with my right hand. I winced hard and stared at my arm with hatred, a useless thing.

When we reached the garden she sat me down before sitting next to me, she grabbed her book and her pencil which were already there, and started writing.

"Teach me how to talk to you" I read out loud, I looked at her for a second then looked back at the book. She was really trying to get to know me but I was being a pussy and running away from her.

"I can't sign since I can't use my other hand, but I'll teach you how to say your name" She rolled her eyes but I saw a smile on her face, 

'Hi,' I signed, and said it out loud so she'd know what I was doing with my hands,

'My name,' I repeated twice, 

'Is,'

'Lilith' Each letter had its specific gesture, she tried to do the same but she messed up the sign for T and S and ended up signing Lilish, I chuckled and corrected her. 

"Lilish" I laughed a little making her fold her arms and glare at me.

With that, I spent the rest of the day trying to teach her sign language, she learned quickly which was impressive. That's until we got interrupted by a guard, it wasn't Eliza, it was someone I'd never seen before. He said something to her and she tensed up.