Chapter 38

Vivienne

It's been a few months since Lilith and I started dating, everything has been going so perfectly with her. She's so good to me and she treats me amazing and loves me so much. But lately she's been moody, and snappy. I have no idea if it's something I did, or if work is too stressful. But either way, her behavior has been bothering me.

I still worked at her company and sometimes at the orchestra, and that's where I was at the moment. Our director opened a new branch for kids who want to learn music and assigned me to teach them.

"Alright everyone! Take your papers and pencils out so we can start" I clapped my hands to catch the kids' attention, they were between the ages of 8 and 12.

"Miss Gray, what are we learning today?" A little girl called Sam asked with an excited smile, she was one of the smartest kids here and she quickly learned.

"Well Sam, we're still trying to learn the basics. So why don't you take a seat and something to write on" the little girl of eight ran to her assigned seat and sat down ready to start learning.

We spent our afternoon learning, new notes and how to write them. When it was time to leave Sam ran to me and told me that she was very excited for our next session. She held my hand and pulled me out of the theatre where her parents would wait for her.

"Sam!" A man called for her,

"Daddy!" Sam let go of my hand and ran to her dad, he picked her up and twirled her in the air her giggles were heard around us. I smiled softly at their interaction.

"You must be Miss Gray. I'm Samuel, Samantha's dad. She truly likes you, she won't stop talking about your class" he said with a soft smile, he was a tall man with a brownish hair, he was in a suit but it was all wrinkled and like he had a long day at work. He looked pale and sick, and also had bags under his eyes.

"Nice to meet you Samuel" I put my hand out and he shook it,

"Thank you Miss Gray, it's because of you she loves music. That's the only thing I want her to learn since her mom was a musician as well, and I want her to follow her mother's steps" he explained and looked at his kid with loving eyes, the way he spoke about the mother of his daughter was so wholesome but also sad because his eyes looked so sad.

I brushed Sam's hair out of her face and she smiled at me, she looked so unbothered like she had no clue what me and her dad were talking about. The poor thing lost her mother at a young age.

"Vivienne!" A voice made me look behind me, Lilith was standing next to her car wearing a tight blue dress, she had her sunglasses over her eyes.

"Woah" I heard Sam whisper, I waved for Lilith asking her to come closer. I could tell she wasn't in the mood but she still walked to me.

"Are you done? I need to go home" she said while looking down at me and leaned to kiss my cheek. Samantha was staring at my girlfriend with wide eyes.

"Pretty" she mumbled sounding stunned, Lilith looked up at the kid and I watched the corner of her lips twitch before she formed a smile.

"Hi there pretty, what's your name?" Lilith asked the kid,

"My name is Sam and this is my daddy. Daddy say hi" the little girl said with a wide smile on her face,

"Hi" Samuel said shyly,

"Nice to meet you Sam, I'm Lilith. Miss Gray's girlfriend" Lilith wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her side, her eyes were staring at the dad with possessiveness and perhaps anger. She gave my side a little squeeze before her eyes went to settle on the little girl.