Chapter 17

Lilith

She's...dead.

I don't know how long it's been since I've been staring at her body, minutes, hours, perhaps days. I was sitting on the ground with her head laying on my lap, I brushed her blonde hair, that was soaked with her blood, with my fingers.

"I'm sorry my love"

She can't hear me, she can't feel my cold hands on her face. And me...well, I can't feel the warmth of her skin anymore, I can't feel her heartbeats nor hear them, and her because scent was slowly fading away.

Why couldn't I wait? Why couldn't I be a little more patient and just follow Dalida's plan? Why did I have to be so selfish and so mean to her? I never meant to say those words. I never meant to hurt her feelings.

I blinked the tears away and reached for her hand, I intertwined our fingers and brought her hand to my lips and planted a soft kiss on her knuckles. I wrapped my arms around her torso and brought her closer to my chest.

"H-hug me back...please" I cried out softly, my whole body was shaking as I cried silently while holding her tightly. I want one more chance, and I'll be better, I'll do better I promise.

Then she started to feel weightless, I couldn't feel her body in my arms anymore. I opened my eyes in confusion to see what's going on and realized her body was slowly turning into ashes.

"No..no please!" I gripped her tighter trying to get a feeling of her against me but it was too late, she disappeared in my arms like she's never even existed.

My violin that she was holding laid there stained with her blood. This is all my fault, Dalida was right, I should've destroyed it. I grabbed it by the neck and held it high so I can smash it on the ground but I couldn't. I couldn't...

I sobbed and brought it closer to me, this was the last thing she touched, the last instrument she played. I can't get rid of it just like that, I can't do it.

I stood up from the floor and grabbed the bow, she needs to have it. In her time, she has to have it. It belongs to her, and she has to take it. I'll give it to her family and make sure it reaches her it the future. I hid it back in the box until I deal with my uncle.

Lionel...

I'm going to kill him with my own hands, I'm going to take everything from him like he took everything from me.

"Lionel!" I screamed making sure everyone vampire or human hears, I stood in the middle of the ballroom breathing heavily. Guards surrounded me while Lionel made his way to his throne with a smirk on his face.

"My dear Lilith, how are you feeling...after I killed your stupid human" he said loudly his smirk wider this time, I stayed quiet and glared at him, I was going to make him watch everything that he built crumble away and I'll enjoy every second of it.

"The last thing she said before I slit her throat was your name, aww, how sweet and...tragic" he laughed hysterically. When he didn't get a reaction from me he waved his hand out with a bored face and his guards took their stance so they can attack me.

The first two guards charged at me, I grabbed one by his face and digged my fingers deep into his skull and snatched his face out letting the skin inside his head show as he screamed in agony.

The other guard tried to punch me in the face but I was quick to grab his fist, I pulled him to me and kicked his chest yanking his arm off of his body.

Then, one guard after the other, fell lifeless, some were missing heads while others had their insides spilled out and I didn't feel a thing, I didn't feel a single thing. I was making my way towards Lionel.

"Get her! Now!"

But his guards weren't his anymore, they started to treasure their lives more than anything else, they now realized who is the real queen. Lionel tried to run but I was in front of him, his speed was nothing compared to mine. I grabbed him by the neck and picked him up the ground.

"I'm gonna make sure to destroy everything you built before I kill you Lionel" I said in a cold voice, no emotions behind my words. I slammed his face and front of his body on the pillar, I grabbed both his wrist then put my foot on his back and pulled his arms away hearing his skin rip and bones break as I detached them from his body.

If only I could hear his screams of pain over and over again. I dropped him on the ground and slowly made my way to his throne, well, my throne.

I gestured for two guards to hold him up so I can make sure he's still alive and listening, before I looked at the nobles, guards and humans in the room.

"Free the humans"

Murmurs, whispers and gasps were heard all over the room. Specially from the nobles.

"Make sure every human in this kingdom is free and has enough money to stand on their feet. And if any vampire, noble or not, is caught still owns any of the human kind, they will be sentenced to death and all their belongings and properties will be taken away and given to that human" by the time I finished my speech, I could hear Lionel whisper his last words.

"I beg...for mercy" was the last thing he said before I gestured for my guards to behead him.

I sat on the throne staring into nothingness, with one thought still roaming my brain. How I should've saved her, how I should've been there for her. And how I'll never forgive myself.

****

It's been two weeks since I killed Lionel, and two weeks since she died. Everything was quiet back in the castle, Dalida left the night Vivienne died and I haven't heard from her since, Eliza asked to be discharged so she can go live with her human lover. And that leaves me, well, I haven't left the castle until now.

I cleaned the violin from the blood and put it in a safe case, I made sure I wasn't recognized by wearing a cloak and hiding my face as I made my way to Vivienne's family house, it took me a while to find them but I eventually did.

I knocked on the little cabin in the woods and waited. A moment later, a middle aged woman opened the door with a soft smile on her face. She had blonde hair just like Vivienne.

"Hello sweetheart, how can I help you?" The woman said in a sweet voice, I smiled and took off my hood.

"Hi, are you Marie-Rose?" I asked, she smiled and nodded her head.

"Yes, I am. How may I help you, dear?" she stepped out of the way and asked me to come in but I kindly declined.

"This is a gift from the queen, she insists that you keep it safe" I handed her the case, the woman stared at me in surprise and took the violin from my hand. I felt sad when I realized I'll never see it again and I'll never hear it play again.

"The queen? As in, our new queen?" She asked, she was dumbfounded still not believing that this was a gift from the person who freed them a few weeks ago. I put my hand under my cloak and grabbed the small bag from my waist.

"This is also a gift for you. Take care of the violin please" I gave her the bag filled with golden coins that'll help her and her family survive for a long while.

"Jack! Come see what this lovely lady ga.." I disappeared before she could finish her sentence.

I wiped the single tear that has fallen down my cheek and made my way back to castle. I was going to send most of my guards away, I don't want to be queen anymore, I don't want anything anymore. I'll keep a few loyal ones and then disappear...

****************************************
Okay! Very good very nice! I'll try to write another one.

Muah

-S